• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (3/30/24 @ 1pm Pacific): Angels @ Orioles: Canning on the mound

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Washington said we’d have a more set line up. 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yep. I just didn't think it would be set with Hicks and Sano.

These two comments sum it up well.

37 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Why not?  

Because it doesn't develop players you need to have for the next 5 years in Moniak and Adell, while Sano struggles to pick up another bench job next season. The same can be said for Hicks. He is another borderline veteran bench guy given playing time over younger guys, with a higher ceiling, that need to be on the field.

Washington is playing too safe thinking this year is about winning a wildcard over creating the finished 2025 roster. They have a very slim chance of a wildcard slot this season and none next year if Moniak and Adell don't get their skills honed this year. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Because it doesn't develop players you need to have for the next 5 years in Moniak and Adell, while Sano struggles to pick up another bench job next season. The same can be said for Hicks. He is another borderline veteran bench guy given playing time over younger guys, with a higher ceiling, that need to be on the field.

Washington is playing too safe thinking this year is about winning a wildcard over creating the finished 2025 roster. They have a very slim chance of a wildcard slot this season and none next year if Moniak and Adell don't get their skills honed this year. 

It’s two games in and the team isn’t going to start a season by throwing in the towel and not put who the manager feels is the best equipped to help them win right now. As the season goes these line ups and the starters will evolve, we’ve seen that every year. If you ran a poll asking this website would you rather see a more set line up each night or have the ever changing line up we’ve seen for quite some time they’d ask for consistency. 

10 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

so much for this being a season to see what the young players have. Adell and Moniak on the bench again is crazy to me

Yep after two games we can clearly state that Adell and Moniak won’t ever start again. 

So you guys want Adell in the lineup over Hicks, is he supposed to play RF? 

Or would he go to Left and shift Ward to right?

I'm probably the biggest critic of Adell on this board, but I kind of agree that it's his time to show what he's got. We need the young guys to start showing up. He should be in the starting lineup, and after 6 innings, let Sanó come in as pinch batter for him, and let Hicks replace him. 

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s two games in and the team isn’t going to start a season by throwing in the towel and not put who the manager feels is the best equipped to help them win right now. As the season goes these line ups and the starters will evolve, we’ve seen that every year. If you ran a poll asking this website would you rather see a more set line up each night or have the ever changing line up we’ve seen for quite some time they’d ask for consistency. 

It is two games in and it says Washington isn't going to give those guys chances over the veterans he knows. Moniak showed he has what it takes to play right field, hit for average and power. There is no excuse to bench him for another left handed bat.

I know you think you're being such a smart guy backing Washington's roster but this is not moving the team forward, it is putting it in another year of a holding pattern. I want this team to progress, not keep repeating the same non developmental mistake of filling holes with barely league average veterans. Sano and Hicks won't be on the roster next year, they should be in the backup role they were signed for. 

14 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

So you guys want Adell in the lineup over Hicks, is he supposed to play RF? 

Or would he go to Left and shift Ward to right?

I'm probably the biggest critic of Adell on this board, but I kind of agree that it's his time to show what he's got. We need the young guys to start showing up. He should be in the starting lineup, and after 6 innings, let Sanó come in as pinch batter for him, and let Hicks replace him. 

Moniak is a left handed hitter and plays right field. Hicks should sit over developing Moniak to take that position as a platoon with Adell when a left hander is on the mound. Hicks should be the backup for when Trout is out and Moniak slides over to center and the Angels want a left handed bat.