• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This is the best Angels off-season in a while

No plausible moves or acquisitions out there could make them competitive, therefore their best chance lies with them getting the worst possible record.

Trout and Ren-done are sadly untradable but it's unlikely for us to be competitive until both those contracts are up

This has been the best off-season in recent times.   If they want to take a step backwards we can sign Snell this weekend and finish with 76 wins instead of 71 wins in 2024

Sure we could do nothing and go into next year with the same nothing that might be just a bit better or worse. If we sign one of these 3 guys we are not signing them for what they will bring us this year its for the year after forward. If we want a Burns type player to even think of signing here with us we have to show that we are building a foundation with solid players and that we are not counting on just them to bring us to the promise land. If we show that hay they have Trout health and the young guys are getting better and are on the cusp, and they have pitching already in a Snell or Monty type maybe just maybe an Ace would give us a real shot to sign them and not just leverage us to get more cash elsewhere. This is just my opinion tho  but we sign these guys not for this years result but for the next.

If Angels do nothing else this off season I'm ok with that. Let this be season to develop young players. See if Soriano or Wantz can become starters. Find out if Moniak or Adell will be part of future. Will Sandoval have bounce back year and Silseth become part of rotation. 

On 3/13/2024 at 10:04 AM, Chitown27Fan said:

Sure we could do nothing and go into next year with the same nothing that might be just a bit better or worse. If we sign one of these 3 guys we are not signing them for what they will bring us this year its for the year after forward. If we want a Burns type player to even think of signing here with us we have to show that we are building a foundation with solid players and that we are not counting on just them to bring us to the promise land. If we show that hay they have Trout health and the young guys are getting better and are on the cusp, and they have pitching already in a Snell or Monty type maybe just maybe an Ace would give us a real shot to sign them and not just leverage us to get more cash elsewhere. This is just my opinion tho  but we sign these guys not for this years result but for the next.

Paragraphs are your friend.

59 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

If Angels do nothing else this off season I'm ok with that. Let this be season to develop young players. See if Soriano or Wantz can become starters. Find out if Moniak or Adell will be part of future. Will Sandoval have bounce back year and Silseth become part of rotation. 

Tell me exactly what young player would not develop if the Angels signed Snell.  You do understand that signing Snell would just push one pitcher to the minors, where they would be in an environment whose sole purpose is to develop them.

And you are in another thread literally right now calling for the Angels to sign Lorenzen.  Can you make up your mind on whether or not signing a free agent starter prevents others from developing?

Edited by Dtwncbad

54 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Tell me exactly what young player would not develop if the Angels signed Snell.  You do understand that signing Snell would just push one pitcher to the minors, where they would be in an environment whose sole purpose is to develop them.

And you are in another thread literally right now calling for the Angels to sign Lorenzen.  Can you make up your mind on whether or not signing a free agent starter prevents others from developing?

Like I said IF they do nothing else. I'm ok signing Snell with no opt out until after year 3. Contract has to be something Angels are comfortable with. Opt out after year 1 or 2 for me defeats the purpose of signing. Lorenzen would just be depth piece for this year and maybe tradeable at deadline. 

27 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Like I said IF they do nothing else. I'm ok signing Snell with no opt out until after year 3. Contract has to be something Angels are comfortable with. Opt out after year 1 or 2 for me defeats the purpose of signing. Lorenzen would just be depth piece for this year and maybe tradeable at deadline. 

So just to be clear, Lorenzen is “depth” and Snell would prevent someone else from developing?