• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Podcast - Episode 29

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 9.15.39 PM.png

Victor Rojas and Chuck Richter discuss the club as it enters the first week of spring camp, the latest interview of Arte Moreno and his decision not to sell the club and not wanting to add to payroll, and why despite it all there's reason for optimism for the 2024 Angels. We also took some of your question from the mailbag and added some details on our AngelsWin.com Spring event in Tempe March 7th-10th. 

• Chuck featured this topic
12 minutes ago, Dgar24 said:

Good show, I’m an optimist like you 1 of Snell, Montgomery. And a bat the team would have a shot at a wild card. Ron Washington show us the way!

Heck, even if one of those things happen we'll be in better shape. I think adding JD Martinez and Lorenzen would make the team much better as well. Doesn't have to be a Snell, Montgomery or Bellinger type.

21 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I'm confused. Did Victor say he offered Arte $3 billion?  It sure sounded like Victor was part of a group that made an offer for the team. That's news to me.

It was an ownership group and he was overseeing it for the Angels. It wasn't Victor offering the 3 billion. 

I don't know if I agree with Victor. Yes, owning a sports team comes with a lot of headaches but I would hope the first reason someone wants to buy the team is that he/she wants the team to be successful. Victor has a business-first mentality and, of course, you want the team to make money, but I would hope a new owner would consider: 1) he/she would be instantly lionized by the fan base and 2) based on 1 if he/she/they show the fans a glimmer of hope (signing a free agent or two, making an optimistic speech of change, maybe working things out with the city), gratitude would be paid back.

It's a big market club and I believe the new owner can profit even if 3 billion is the price. The Angels aren't terrible. They're terribly owned. 

Great podcast, @Chuck & @VictorRojas29!  Looking forward to rejoining for Episode 30.

I had to miss the show because of a meeting for a non-profit I work with that fights childhood Osteosarcoma (cancer).  If you'd like to help us in the fight, please consider donating to the Fight For E Foundation at https://fightfore.org/about-us.  We won't let cancer win!

image.jpeg

17 hours ago, Torridd said:

It's a big market club and I believe the new owner can profit even if 3 billion is the price. The Angels aren't terrible. They're terribly owned. 

Meh...

We can fault Moreno for a ton of baseball related shit but to argue they are a big market team and as such aren't terrible but terribly owned ignores the reality that the Angels until Moreno claimed to be a small market club that couldn't play with the big boys.  They were one of the two teams targeted by MLB for contraction at one point along with Minnesota.  Moreno was ridiculed by both Disney and Jackie because he believed the Angels were a big market team and he intended to act like one.

Moreno for all his faults elevated the expectations and made it so people CAN/do fault the Angels for failing to act like a big market club -- to deny it is to deny reality. Shit on the man for his mistakes but, thats one thing he does deserve credit for.