• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes thread

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I wasn’t even sure Evan White was in camp. I haven’t heard his name yet. 

Still not completely healthy from his hip procedure, guess they don’t expect him to be any time soon still

It may be the usual spring training optimism but I like the way Washington is reshaping team philosophy. More running and aggression on the base paths in particular. It changes the filter somewhat in evaluating players. And with his familiar assistant coaches used to his methods the teaching and mindset should be smoothly applied. 

Pragmatically they lost a big chunk of their home run potential and need to find other ways to score. Not sure if all the right pieces are on the roster yet, but it's a process. 

If the pitching holds out maybe the Angels will play more competitive  exciting ball compared to the static slugging approach. 

I"m not expecting miracles, but .500 and wild card contention aren't out of the question. 

I feel like we're seeing a lot of Hicks and Sano, and not a lot of Adell and Moniak. Hicks is clearly earning himself more opportunities

With Adell, what do they do? Give him DH at bats? He's doing fairly well, but he is clearly behind Trout, Ward, and Hicks right now. Not sure what they do there and how much trade value he has if they add 1 more guy or keep 2 of the current guys like Sano and another IF

19 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Quijada might be the next one released when they sign someone. Although I think he’s on the 60 Day 

I was against letting Nevin go, tired of new managers every other year. I was against the hiring on Ron Washington thought he was too old for young players. Ron came in with the rah rah attitude I thought ok Ron. He has said from day one Angels are going to win. Only ST but you have to have that mind set if things are going to change. He also brings a work ethic to this team. Need to put work in to get better. Ron Washington will have back of players who are willing to work. This team (again only ST) reminds me of team of 1962. Bunch of no names that nobody expects much of them. I do not want to hear Mike Trout is not a no name. He is in the sense he has not played more than an average of 80 games for last 3 years. Mike Trout has to prove himself again. No name team as who is star starting pitcher and who is star in BP. In 1962 halos had young pitcher that year develop into a pretty decent pitcher. Dean Chance and just maybe this year Jose Soriano becomes that pitcher. Lot on AW want Angels to go get JD Davis and I say why. Miguel Sano brought into camp worked hard to try and get back to player he can be. So first opportunity kick him aside for another player I say no. What does that show players on this team? Health will be important for this team and here is hoping Ron Washington stays healthy. Bunch of no names could surprise many this season.