• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes thread

I still refuse to believe the Angels enter the season with one of Adrianza/Soto as the backup infielder. Maybe Sano, but I still wouldn't rule out an outside addition.

Adrianza is slow/bad offensively and they DFA'd Soto last month.

9 minutes ago, BTH said:

I still refuse to believe the Angels enter the season with one of Adrianza/Soto as the backup infielder. Maybe Sano, but I still wouldn't rule out an outside addition.

Adrianza is slow/bad offensively and they DFA'd Soto last month.

You can refuse to believe it, but of the free agent options, who do you think they might get?  Suppose they could make a trade if there's a match with a team that's about to release a MIF, but who knows.

18 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You can refuse to believe it, but of the free agent options, who do you think they might get?  Suppose they could make a trade if there's a match with a team that's about to release a MIF, but who knows.

I'm thinking someone who gets squeezed off another team's roster. Whether via trade or if they are an NRI that's not gonna make the team.

For example, guys like Kolten Wong, Elvis Andrus, or Kevin Newman.

1 hour ago, ThisismineScios said:

Its sounds like @Jeff Fletcher doesn't see them trading Adell. I just have a hard time picturing them carrying 5 OF just because of options. Unless Adell is going to DH? How do they rotate that when it's clear Hicks deserves the majority of ABs in RF? 

Let’s say 4 DH games for the OF a week (1 DH game goes to Trout, 1 goes to Rendon, and 1 for either an off day or occasional Drury DH day)

Add that to 7 games a week in RF and 1 game in CF when Trout DHs, so that’s 12 games for 3 guys.

That’s an average of 4 games a week per player. But I can’t imagine Moniak starting vs. LHP.

They can also get guys ABs by pinch hitting (Moniak vs. a righty reliever, Hicks vs. a lefty reliever)

1 hour ago, ThisismineScios said:

And are they really going to keep Suarez as a LRP? 

Yep

Edited by BTH

5 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

Its sounds like @Jeff Fletcher doesn't see them trading Adell. I just have a hard time picturing them carrying 5 OF just because of options. Unless Adell is going to DH? How do they rotate that when it's clear Hicks deserves the majority of ABs in RF? 

And are they really going to keep Suarez as a LRP? 

Including DH, there are enough ABs to go around for Adell, Moniak and Hicks to all get enough ABs for them to show something. Maybe someone gets hurt. Maybe someone plays much better. Maybe someone plays much worse. 

it’ll work out. 

And they’re definitely not going to just toss away Suarez for nothing. He’s actually been decent in Arizona. (A scout I trust said he liked how he looked.) The guy is 26 years old and was good for 200+ innings in 21-22 and bad for about 30 in 23. 

23 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Including DH, there are enough ABs to go around for Adell, Moniak and Hicks to all get enough ABs for them to show something. Maybe someone gets hurt. Maybe someone plays much better. Maybe someone plays much worse. 

it’ll work out. 

And they’re definitely not going to just toss away Suarez for nothing. He’s actually been decent in Arizona. (A scout I trust said he liked how he looked.) The guy is 26 years old and was good for 200+ innings in 21-22 and bad for about 30 in 23. 

I like this OF lot better than Brett Philips as 4th OF.