• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels players feel ‘really good vibes’ as spring training begins

On 2/13/2024 at 9:53 PM, AvsBroncosAngels337 said:

I agree. I thought I saw somewhere today where Sandoval compared it to Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if the players feel a little relieved and more relaxed with not being under the Ohtani microscope anymore. I for one am ready to get this going and see how they do. 

Didn’t the Chiefs just win the Super Bowl while the Niners didn’t even know about the two-year-old overtime rule? Elite athletes tend to be very focused individuals.

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Didn’t the Chiefs just win the Super Bowl while the Niners didn’t even know about the two-year-old overtime rule? Elite athletes tend to be very focused individuals.

That's what I keep hearing but as you can probably tell by my screen name, I'm bitter and didn't watch 🤣

3 minutes ago, AvsBroncosAngels337 said:

That's what I keep hearing but as you can probably tell by my screen name, I'm bitter and didn't watch 🤣

I’m actually a Westminster High (CO) grad and follow the same teams as you but I can no longer sit through a football game so I’m quite grateful for the Avs

13 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I’m actually a Westminster High (CO) grad and follow the same teams as you but I can no longer sit through a football game so I’m quite grateful for the Avs

Small world! I'm off I-25 and 120th so a little ways away from Westminster High but that's where I reside. Yeah the Angels and Broncos to me are both eerie with how they are stuck in huge ruts with a playoff drought that's about equal in length for both teams. As bleak as things may seem for the Angels I wouldn't be surprised if they make the playoffs before the Broncos do. But yes I'm thankful the Avs give us something to look forward to the last 7 or 8 years. They aren't perfect this year by any means but they should hopefully make a nice playoff run. 

5 hours ago, Chuck said:

You got a semi-erection I'm guessing in the 2019-2020 offseason when the team signed Anthony Rendon to be added to an all-star cast of generational players in Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani. 

All that got you was an Angels collectible 20oz cup of limp dick soup my friend.

I'm excited to see some homegrown young talent on this team that's surrounded by some veterans, and led by a damn good manager and an entirely new coaching staff. 

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes.

I like the youth movement. I don’t care that Ohtani is gone.  Would love to see them compete.  After watching the Reds all season last year; I’d love to see that here - limp dick and all. 

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I like the youth movement. I don’t care that Ohtani is gone.  Would love to see them compete.  After watching the Reds all season last year; I’d love to see that here - limp dick and all. 

First step is to finally get back to finishing over .500 for the first time since 2015.

Then push forward and contend.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Funny how little I care Ohtani is gone as well. Youth movement and a well coached team competing is my hope. 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

If Schanuel, O'Hoppe, Neto, Silseth, Joyce, Bachman, Daniel, Canning, Detmers, Rengifo and Adell are productive this season, you just may see that here this season. Hard af.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

It was explained to the captains before the OT coin toss.

Yup, and the Chiefs said they were preparing for that since training camp, while Shanahan said they didn’t even have a meeting about it during SB week. Players, including their Harvard man Kyle Juszczyk, were quoted after the game saying they didn’t know the rule. Juszczyk even said it didn’t matter that they didn’t know the rule. The hell it didn’t!

2 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Yup, and the Chiefs said they were preparing for that since training camp, while Shanahan said they didn’t even have a meeting about it during SB week. Players, including their Harvard man Kyle Juszczyk, were quoted after the game saying they didn’t know the rule. Juszczyk even said it didn’t matter that they didn’t know the rule. The hell it didn’t!

If they believed that all that they needed was a field goal and the game was over, there wouldn't be the same sense of urgency once they got inside the 20.

That said, I didn't see SF players celebrating like they had won the game once the field goal went through.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

8 hours ago, Tank said:

same. i feel like an indians fan at the beginning of major league.

I can agree with this. I have zero eagerness for the season to start. Probably won’t even bother to buy mlb.tv this year, won’t bother going to any games. 

pretty sad when I think about it, how little I care about baseball for this upcoming season. The comments by Arte just added to it. 

16 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I can agree with this. I have zero eagerness for the season to start. Probably won’t even bother to buy mlb.tv this year, won’t bother going to any games. 

pretty sad when I think about it, how little I care about baseball for this upcoming season. The comments by Arte just added to it. 

i should clarify a little.

i don't have high hopes for the halos, but i'll watch as many games as possible. i hope the kids make forward progress this year.

and we're going to buy the mlb.tv package because there are a lot of other games to watch with interesting story lines and interesting players to watch.

I’m excited. I don’t think the Halos will be great, but I’m excited for an actual youth movement. My expectations are lowered. I’m hoping to see a well-coached team that plays hard. I’d like to see Detmers and or Sandoval figure it out. I’d like to see Canning build off of last year. I think Silseth can be a productive starter. 

5 hours ago, Sully151 said:

I  more excited about the start of this season than last.

Last year the focus was on Ohtani staying or leaving. This year, the focus will be on all of the young guys. It’s about the team. Win or lose, that is a more interesting story.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch