• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Today: Angels pitcher Caden Dana blazing a fast track towards Major League debut

9 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

Another good piece! I know that I've been MIA for a while, but I've really been appreciating these articles. I need some positive things in my life right now, and thinking about the future of Angels Baseball is something I enjoy. 

Thank you. 

I appreciate that a lot Dave! You helped me with my very first interview some 10 years ago, I met you at a Ralphs for a Torii Hunter Pepsi promotional event. Im always grateful for that!!

48 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Hoping for the same with Barrett Kent

Guessing he starts 2024 in A ball, as he made one start for them in 2023  (4 scoreless innings with 5 Ks/1 BB), after 2 AZ appearances?

Yeah will likely see Barrett in Low A next year, but I doubt it will be for very long! Dana was called up from Low A after 3 starts last year!

37 minutes ago, ryanmfalla said:

I appreciate that a lot Dave! You helped me with my very first interview some 10 years ago, I met you at a Ralphs for a Torii Hunter Pepsi promotional event. Im always grateful for that!!

I remember that. Let's make a plan to meet up with the 66ers this summer and do more interviews. 

I am really excited to see how Dana does next year. if everything clicks he could finish the year at AA, and have shot at the MLB the following year. He has a high spin fastball that rates as plus, mixed in with a curve that could also be plus. He still needs to refine his command/control and a 3rd pitch to reach his ceiling as a #2. I think his change has a chance to be another plus pitch to give him 3 really good pitch. 

Honestly I have a more of a Corbin Burnes comp for him. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

He looks like Hulked up Weaver.

Seriously!! Haven't had a prospect give me Weaver vibes like this since Chris Rodriguez (😭)

9 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I am really excited to see how Dana does next year. if everything clicks he could finish the year at AA, and have shot at the MLB the following year. He has a high spin fastball that rates as plus, mixed in with a curve that could also be plus. He still needs to refine his command/control and a 3rd pitch to reach his ceiling as a #2. I think his change has a chance to be another plus pitch to give him 3 really good pitch. 

Honestly I have a more of a Corbin Burnes comp for him. 

Love that comp! I'm not the best at comping based on technical ability I tend to comp off vibes LOL. Will definitely be seeing him in Double A early next year, and from there I wouldn't be surprised to pitch his way into call up conversations shortly after. 

13 hours ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

First off, Ryan, you are a talented writer. I just had to mention that. I absolutely enjoyed this article, and it gives me hope for our club going forward. I well remember the AW interview with him. I like what I heard from him and can't wait to see him up with the big club. Excellent article.

I appreciate the kind words a lot man! I definitely enjoy writing these articles for all of you! I'm excited to further my coverage this coming season!