• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Two Million

Chuck

Just now, Jason said:

This site is really good and a lot of fun. I think I first signed up around 2008 or 2009 on the old forums so it's wild to see how many people have stuck around for that long. 

When you have a good home that's cozy for having company over, along with folks that are all in one accord on at least one subject, you're essentially creating a Cheers sports bar environment where everyone knows your name....and that's what I've always wanted to create with AW. 

I'm thankful it worked by design and exceeded my expectations. 

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

When you have a good home that's cozy for having company over, along with folks that are all in one accord on at least one subject, you're essentially creating a Cheers sports bar environment where everyone knows your name....and that's what I've always wanted to create with AW. 

I'm thankful it worked by design and exceeded my expectations. 

It did. 

In the 80s and 90s sports talk radio that allowed call ins was the main outlet for venting and debating. If one had the patience to wait and deal with the quirks of the host. 

The Internet has been a great alternative. And allows both real time and personally  convenient time options. Sometimes I'll check various sports teams I follow  early in the morning. Sometimes late at night. And on game days, more in real time. 

I like to learn and expand my knowledge from seeing the input of others. I've gained a ton of knowledge here about Angel history. I started to seriously follow them when the Expos disappeared, though I was sympathetic to them from their earlier years because of certain players and seasons where they played exciting ball. But my focus was the National League mainly. 

I empathize with the life long fans here. I'm one in other sports for a couple of teams. 

Now I think of myself as a loyalist. I've gone to games most years since the early 2010s and have a sense of familiarity about the stadium. I also pay for MLB Extra Innings and watch probably about the 60% or so  of Angel games they broadcast.

Baseball is unique as an almost everyday game day. Without this site I would be so much out of sync with on and off the field developments. 

On 12/27/2023 at 7:00 AM, Chuck said:

Thanks everyone! 

Crazy to think if we combined from the previous three forums before settling here for good that we'd have 10+ million posts since 2004. 

Still bummed we couldn't move that forums data of posts/threads over to here for historical reference. 

Isn't the board still online?

41 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Isn't the board still online?

36 minutes ago, Taylor said:

No

I no longer have the old MS Access databases but I do have the physical file of the SQL database in which the forums lived on. 

If I got you that file could you do something with it @AngelsLakersFan?

I wasn't able to migrate it successfully to this permanent software solution in the AWS cloud. 

7 hours ago, Chuck said:

I no longer have the old MS Access databases but I do have the physical file of the SQL database in which the forums lived on. 

If I got you that file could you do something with it @AngelsLakersFan?

I wasn't able to migrate it successfully to this permanent software solution in the AWS cloud. 

Hmm I can at least take a look. Send me a PM. Also the name of the board software it was on if you remember it.

On 12/30/2023 at 11:24 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Hmm I can at least take a look. Send me a PM. Also the name of the board software it was on if you remember it.

MegaBBS. I'll PM you after I find the database.