• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AlaNNA Rizzo may be the dumbest person in MLB Media

Chuck

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yeah...  Okay.. 

Using your logic he ranks 3rd overall in fWAR since 2017 when he started missing time left and right.  But since they spotted the competition three seasons (2009( and he still finishes nearly 30 fWAR ahead of the pack I think it's more than fair to believe the list is beyond dumb.

And if you want to argue that's a valid list, explain Salvador Perez at number 10.

Are you saying Perez should be higher or not on the list at all? 

So Trout is 8th due to recency bias but then Posey, who retired 3 years ago and put together one passable season since 2017 is 4th? And Seager finally puts together one solid season and is 6th? Yeah ok. May as well put Scooter Gennett and Todd Ziele on there too just to check if anyone's paying attention. 

23 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Catcher bias?

That won't play..   He ranks 21st among catcher since 2009.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major-league?stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&month=0&ind=0&startdate=&enddate=&season1=2009&season=2023&pos=c

If you want to keep it to guys who debuted since 2009 you still have 8-9 guys that are ahead of him.

Salvador Perez is one of the most overrated players of his era.

29 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

GG catching defense and 246 hr / .759 OPS  is worth something. I thought him at 10 was fairly accurate. 

Remember when a primary DH won a GG at 1B?

The bulk of his value defensively came from his arm -- which was a legit weapon.  Unfortunately the entirety of his career has taken place at a time when SBs weren't a big part of the game and the part of his game that HAS been highly coveted from a catcher is something he's been awful at.  His framing has been in the bottom 10% in all but one season since 2016.  In one of his GG years he was in the bottom 1% (2016), in another he was in the bottom 3% (2018.

For his career his DRS sits at 9, since 2014 it's at negative 4.

Now can we talk about how he's walked all of 199 times in 12 seasons?

19 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Remember when a primary DH won a GG at 1B?

The bulk of his value defensively came from his arm -- which was a legit weapon.  Unfortunately the entirety of his career has taken place at a time when SBs weren't a big part of the game and the part of his game that HAS been highly coveted from a catcher is something he's been awful at.  His framing has been in the bottom 10% in all but one season since 2016.  In one of his GG years he was in the bottom 1% (2016), in another he was in the bottom 3% (2018.

For his career his DRS sits at 9, since 2014 it's at negative 4.

Now can we talk about how he's walked all of 199 times in 12 seasons?

I'm Erstad grit of course I do lol. I'm still bitter about that GG.

7 minutes ago, Chuck said:

This is my first discussion thread about her on this website. Her shit takes on the MLB Network and Twitter are well documented. The entire social media community of Angels fans has gone on the attack on her based on this take and many others in the past. 

I can say I honestly never gave a shit nor paid any heed to anything she said until this incident.

1https://awfulannouncing.com/league-networks/alanna-rizzo-blasts-jackoffs-bloggers-podcasters.html

When she went on this rant about the clubhouse being sacred and other people being beneath her... lol.

She's a clown.

Speaking of clowns in the media...

I can't say that I'm familiar with Bill Ballou, don't know his work, but apparently he can vote on the HOF. 

Anyway, what I find hilarious is it seems he's taking a stance here by voting on a couple guys who have been held out because of their PED usage, the clown part being that the he's pissing people off by leaving the one guy that had a TUE to use PEDs off his ballot.

That is kind of LOL to me.

6 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

So Trout is 8th due to recency bias but then Posey, who retired 3 years ago and put together one passable season since 2017 is 4th? And Seager finally puts together one solid season and is 6th? Yeah ok. May as well put Scooter Gennett and Todd Ziele on there too just to check if anyone's paying attention. 

If your idea of recenceny is 6 years then, yes, that is the bias. Hey, let's spin the clock back further so Pujols can enter the chat citing his Cardinal years. 

36 minutes ago, ScottT said:

The list was top players that have debuted since 2009.

Some people will Blarg anything 

Some people are lacking reading comprehension.

I agree with @Blarg that Trout isn't that guy now and hasn't been since he can't stay healthy over the past few years, but that wasn't her criteria for her rankings since 2009.