• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

There will never be a better time......

tomsred

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I have never been a big fan of state names for professional sports teams. The rest of it seems like a good idea - meaning that the Angels won't do it. Moreno will continue to believe that we are just a couple of free agents away from winning it all.

I agree, I don't believe we are two free agents away from winning just as much as the Dodgers signing Ohtani gets them all the way to where they want to go.

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

I thought I read that a team can no longer be named after a state but teams that were are grandfathered in.  

I did not know that, it's just hard for me to have to say "Los Angeles" Angels with the latest news.  I guess it does not count that we once had that name for grandfathering it in?

8 hours ago, tomsred said:

In my mind, there will never be a better time to make make sweeping changes to the Angels organization.  Some of the things that pop into my mind are changing the name back to California Angels (just get rid of Los Angeles), changing the uniforms, redesigning the look of the stadium (inside and outside), put emergency emphasis on player development and the associated latest development tools, and hiring the best training staff possible.  With Ohtani gone for life, it's kind of a great time to step back and make calculated changes throughout.  I'm encouraged by the Arizona and Texas models, we can do that in short order.  Baseball is not about only one superstar on a team, if there was ever a total team game this is it.  I don't necessarily want any of the remaining high priced free agents, unless they are committed to this organization plan and are willing to be reasonable in cost.  I want the the overlooked and highly motivated young players.  High priced free agents are generally inefficient.  We have a great start with Washington and his staff for the time period we are currently in that includes important young players.

Tear down the hype in the stadium of individual players especially including the pictures on the stadium front.  I would use photos of team achievement over the years, especially 2002.  There are many great historical team photos as well besides 2002.  We will always have an affinity for the uniforms that were used in our first World Series win, but those could be used for many special occasions during the year, not the everyday ones.  I would incorporate some that had ocean blue and beach sand colors on a theme like the city connects.  I know you guys have some great ideas in your head, I would like to hear them voiced.  There will probably never be a better moment to make sweeping changes than now.   Done correctly, what a great way to bring back some of the excitement following the loss of the the greatest player to play this game to date.  It's time to bury grief and move on folks!

For those of you who want a new owner, I get it.  A lot of the above is what I would hope a new owner would do.  Embrace change, big change.  We have to ditch doing the same ineffective things.

Good post agree on most of it. Except the part about the city connect uniforms which I’m not a fan of (I’m most likely in the minority in that regard).  

When the team moved to Anaheim in 1966, there was a significant distance between the city of Los Angeles and Anaheim. Downtown was 20 miles away, and you drove through farms and such to get to Disneyland and Angels Stadium. Land was cheap. 

Now, you don't really know which city you are in, on your way from Los Angeles to Anaheim, there is no difference, no barrier. No farms.

On 12/11/2023 at 11:09 PM, HaloBronco said:

Good post agree on most of it. Except the part about the city connect uniforms which I’m not a fan of (I’m most likely in the minority in that regard).  

I hate them. As tired as I am of the all red scheme (another peeve of mine is lettering the same color as the jersey), those are awful.

• 2 weeks later...