• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Announcement Expected

Slegnaac

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

This would be good actually.  Let’s make hating the dodgers even more good and correct. 

My hatred of the Dodgers is already well entrenched. It goes back to the beginning of divisional play in 1969. In their infinite wisdom MLB decided to put a team in Georgia, a state with an Atlantic coast, in the same division with Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego.

There's so much that could be changing in baseball in the future. 

1. Expansion - My guess is Nashville and Charlotte.

2. Realignment - I expect with expansion will come divisional realignment, and with that we might see the Angels, Dodgers, Padres and Giants in a "California" division. 

3. Relocation - The A's are moving to Vegas. The Rays are moving to Tampa Bay, not St. Petersburg. The Angels may leave Anaheim but will probably remain in the greater LA area. 

4. Rule changes - In the next CBA we'll probably see the league crack down on deferred contracts like Ohtani's and they'll likely usher in an international draft, the trading of draft picks and an electronic strike zone. 

And as far as Angels specific stuff, I think Arte will sell in the next couple years, maybe 2025, the Angels won't spend immediately, but they'll rebuild and get on the right track. Come 2030, their prospects will have matured, and they'll start spending big and return to contention for the first time in 15 years. But the 2020's are going to be pretty sad. 

Edited by Second Base