• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

Are people gonna still cry about how unfairly he was done during the season when he’s still not on a roster?  So weird how so many people who never spew bullshit about how the league needs to show compassion to any other player are white knighting the shit out of this dude.  He’s an asshole who no one is interested in doing business with and he earned that reputation on his own.  The hilarious thing is that back when he was a free agent before he signed with the Dodgers plenty of people were saying they thought he seemed like a dick and was annoying

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

The hilarious thing is that back when he was a free agent before he signed with the Dodgers plenty of people were saying they thought he seemed like a dick and was annoying

Most here and on social media wanted Trevor Bauer back then and still do today because he's a good pitcher that can help the team. 

The only thing that has changed now is that because of that ordeal he went through, he can be had for cheap. 

42 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Most here and on social media wanted Trevor Bauer back then and still do today because he's a good pitcher that can help the team. 

The only thing that has changed now is that because of that ordeal he went through, he can be had for cheap. 

mmc is right though that Bauer was a douche before this scandal happened. He's made himself available for league minimum and still hasn't been signed by anyone.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Are people gonna still cry about how unfairly he was done during the season when he’s still not on a roster?  So weird how so many people who never spew bullshit about how the league needs to show compassion to any other player are white knighting the shit out of this dude.  He’s an asshole who no one is interested in doing business with and he earned that reputation on his own.  The hilarious thing is that back when he was a free agent before he signed with the Dodgers plenty of people were saying they thought he seemed like a dick and was annoying

Yes

20 minutes ago, Taylor said:

mmc is right though that Bauer was a douche before this scandal happened. He's made himself available for league minimum and still hasn't been signed by anyone.

There's been tons of douches that have been on the Angels over the years. Some that we all know of, some that we don't. 

I'm a fan of a baseball team. This baseball team. I'm not here to check the players morals at the door before I root for my team to succeed, because I myself is nowhere near perfect and have made mistakes, like you all have. Who tf am I to decide who is good enough morally to play for my team?

I mean c'mon. 

I guess the only thing we won't know about is if Perry asked Trout and other players if they'd welcome Bauer into the clubhouse. Maybe they said no? Maybe it was mixed. Who knows. 

If the clubhouse doesn't want a guy in said clubhouse then 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Chuck said:

There's been tons of douches that have been on the Angels over the years. Some that we all know of, some that we don't. 

I'm a fan of a baseball team. This baseball team. I'm not here to check the players morals at the door before I root for my team to succeed, because I myself is nowhere near perfect and have made mistakes, like you all have. Who tf am I to decide who is good enough morally to play for my team?

I mean c'mon. 

So the teams have calculated it's not worth bringing him to their organization, for reasons we're aware of and reasons we might not be aware of.

Baseball is a business and that's their choice. 

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

If all the talk about wanting to sign him was related to this I wouldn’t make the posts that I do.  But it’s not, people are absolutely going on weird tangents about how badly Bauer deserves to be in the league, how unfairly he was treated, and I just shake my head.

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

If all the talk about wanting to sign him was related to this I wouldn’t make the posts that I do.  But it’s not, people are absolutely going on weird tangents about how badly Bauer deserves to be in the league, how unfairly he was treated, and I just shake my head.

That's fair if that's your stance, but I want to add a quality arm to this team. That and the fact that he's being blackballed just add to my interest in engaging in this topic. 

But to @tdawg87's point. If the club brought in some of the core guys of the team and asked them how they would feel about adding Trevor Bauer to the team and they rejected it, that's fine by me. I don't want a divided clubhouse. 

2 hours ago, mmc said:

I just want a stopper in the rotation.  

The only connection to the issue is that he was found innocent, and thus should be free to pitch.

Now, if enough players say they don’t want him, that is a fair point.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Just a technicality here, but he wasn't "found innocent."  No charges were ever filed.

Well to be very technical, nobody is ever “found” innocent.  You ARE innocent until proven guilty.  So Bauer is technically legally innocent.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Well to be very technical, nobody is ever “found” innocent.  You ARE innocent until proven guilty.  So Bauer is technically legally innocent.

Notice that I put "found innocent" in quotes. My larger point was that there was never anything to be guilty/not guilty of in the first place from a legal standpoint because no charges were filed. 

6 hours ago, mmc said:

He was known to be an annoying troll but was still signed to a 3/$102M deal regardless of that (well earned) reputation. Wasn’t until he was targeted and went thru this ordeal that he became untouchable. This revisionist history is some wild stuff

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

I’ve not seen anywhere where he’s stated he would sign for league minimum without incentives. Would imagine him coming off of his desire for incentives could be a game changer. We’ll see I guess 

Like I've stated previously...

We've had assholes on the team before.

IF the asshole can help you win. You figure out a way!

Were Lackey, Weaver assholes? Did they want to stay in the game? Did they hold the offense and their teammates accountable? Coaching staff? Did they do their own training and throwing programs?

Same asshole different game. Dude is still a competitor. 

On 2/23/2024 at 3:23 PM, tdawg87 said:

I guess the only thing we won't know about is if Perry asked Trout and other players if they'd welcome Bauer into the clubhouse. Maybe they said no? Maybe it was mixed. Who knows. 

If the clubhouse doesn't want a guy in said clubhouse then 🤷‍♂️

Really, that's the only question worth asking - if Washington and/or the players don't want him, it's a dead horse.  They have to live with him for 162, we don't - they get the full veto - I respect that.  

Sure, he's an ass - but newsflash, a *lot* of professional athletes are asses.  

But If the staff and players are ok with him, under whatever conditions, and think he can help them win, and is willing to sign up to some rules of conduct, sign him.

And cut him the instant he acts out.

But if this is just Arte saying "no" 'cause he doesn't like him, I can only say, once again, gfy.  This isn't Hamilton, who cratered the team with an expensive long-term deal.  

48 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Really, that's the only question worth asking - if Washington and/or the players don't want him, it's a dead horse.  They have to live with him for 162, we don't - they get the full veto - I respect that.  

Sure, he's an ass - but newsflash, a *lot* of professional athletes are asses.  

But If the staff and players are ok with him, under whatever conditions, and think he can help them win, and is willing to sign up to some rules of conduct, sign him.

And cut him the instant he acts out.

But if this is just Arte saying "no" 'cause he doesn't like him, I can only say, once again, gfy.  This isn't Hamilton, who cratered the team with an expensive long-term deal.  

As of right now every single owner doesn’t like the idea of adding him. 

On 2/23/2024 at 12:05 PM, Chuck said:

I mean c'mon. 

Hell didnt our mamger we just hired have a crack problem?