• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

Kepler is a LHH, generally puts up 2-3 WAR each season and plays mainly RF, exactly what they need.

Rallied to an .818 OPS in 2023 after having one subpar hitting season in 2022.

Defense is solid enough, only 31 in 2024 and thus a re-sign candidate on a shorter deal and much less money than what Bellinger will get.

What would it take to acquire him?  He will get paid $10 million on a one year deal.

Edited by Angel Oracle

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Kepler is a LHH, and generally puts up 2-3 WAR each season.

Defense is solid enough, only 31 in 2024.

What would it take to acquire him?  He will get paid $10 million on a one year deal.

I'd try and take both Polanco and Kepler and save Minnesota a bunch of cash, throw them Suarez and a low-level prospect or some such. Probably not realistic at all but if they wanna save $20m there's a quick way to do it, and they could use some controlled pitching. 

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Kepler is a LHH, and generally puts up 2-3 WAR each season.

Defense is solid enough, only 31 in 2024.

Twins want to cut payroll so if we took his whole contract we could probably get him for some random prospect ranked in the late 20's-30's along with Adell should get it done 

15 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

i agree, im just looking at the simulator. That would be a future value of 44 for brewers and 42 for Angels.

Simulator is good at assessing value for the most part, but it doesn’t really take account for market, and what that would do to value. Values make sense in a vacuum. That offer would maybe get you Adames and a young OF, and def not Burnes. Several team would go overvalue and smoke the Halos offer.

I think Milwaukee would start with one of our young core guys; Neto, Schanuel, Detmers, and then the rest (giving and receiving) would have to fall in from that. 

Edited by totdprods

4 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

Weekly Heyman Q&A he does on Twitter:

-Heyman says we're in on Votto.

-Likes what we've done lately. Says we have more moves coming he thinks.

-I missed his spiel on the pitching market

I think a change of teams would do Votto good. Cheap LH bat mentor for young players. Someone to discuss value of AARP with Washington. 

12 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

On-board with this because at this point I think the Halos will benefit as much down the line from strong, vet impressions on the young core as they would from 2024 field production given what’s available and what our playoff chances are.  

32 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

could do alot worse than Votto/Schanuel combo.

Yes, let's sign a 40-year-old dude who can't hit anymore, so he can provide "leadership", leaving aside the fact that his teams have been to four post-seasons in 17 years, have lost in the first round all four years, and he has a career .563 OPS in post-season appearances.  I'm so tired of people wanting Moustakas, Votto, and/or other dudes who are far past their prime. 

Votto and Schanuel both lefties. I just don't see what Votto provides that makes sense for us. He's not a platoon fit for Schanuel and he would clog up the DH slot. He doesn't hit well enough to even guarantee him regular at bats. I just don't see how that kind of moves makes any sense at all. I get the leadership aspect, but there have to be better options out there that provide other value as well. 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yes, let's sign a 40-year-old dude who can't hit anymore, so he can provide "leadership", leaving aside the fact that his teams have been to four post-seasons in 17 years, have lost in the first round all four years, and he has a career .563 OPS in post-season appearances.  I'm so tired of people wanting Moustakas, Votto, and/or other dudes who are far past their prime. 

When I was a kid I was stoked when we signed Cecil fielde, Eddie Murray, Bo Jackson, etc lol

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I mean I don’t even get the leadership/mentoring argument.  If this team was doing a scorched earth rebuild and traded every veteran, maybe, but there’s plenty of vets on the current roster 

I could see for 2024 only:

Rendon moving to 1B/DH

Rengifo/Neto/Drury for 3B/SS/2B

Merrifield as utility INF

Schanuel/Rendon as 1B platoon

Votto/Rendon/occasionally Trout as DH platoon 

Trading for Kepler to take over RF, maybe re-signing him after 2024

Edited by Angel Oracle

If you believe the plan is for the Angels to be legitimately competitive in 2024, Joey Votto makes no damn sense. None at all. 

If you subscribe to the notion there’s a broader focus with emphasis on the team beyond 2024, Joey Votto makes a tiny bit of sense.

choose which you want to believe. 

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Votto would be millions cheaper so an easy DFA. Depends on what Minasian wants to spend what is left on budget given him. They need a starter plus middle INF depth.

Move on. There's no way the Angels sign Joey Votto. Makes no sense. Remember who tweeted this garbage BS out. Jon Heyman! 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

If you believe the plan is for the Angels to be legitimately competitive in 2024, Joey Votto makes no damn sense. None at all. 

If you subscribe to the notion there’s a broader focus with emphasis on the team beyond 2024, Joey Votto makes a tiny bit of sense.

choose which you want to believe. 

Even though I said I could see Votto as DH against only RHP for 2024 only, I would much rather sign Turner to DH regularly as he hits solidly against both LHP and RHP.

Turner is 39, and thus a multi-year deal could be problematic.  I wonder if that’s why he hasn’t signed yet.

They could offer him 1 year overpay plus option year with decent buy out for that option year?

Edited by Angel Oracle