• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

I hope the dodgers keep signing players until owners get pissed.  

I know a lot of you sad sacks “wish Shohei well,” but his deal to defer that dough is really making the sport lopsided.  

fuck that guy, the dodgers, and everyone on that team.  

oh and their POS fans too.  Oralé

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What a bad contract. He struck out 211 times last year.  He had a 106 OPS+ this year. Jesus Taylor Ward could fetch us a shit ton. 

It's the Dodgers. He'll be comeback player of the year and finish sixth in MVP voting.

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I hope the dodgers keep signing players until owners get pissed.  

I know a lot of you sad sacks “wish Shohei well,” but his deal to defer that dough is really making the sport lopsided.  

fuck that guy, the dodgers, and everyone on that team.  

oh and their POS fans too.  Oralé

Next MLB contract will very interesting how owners respond. 

6 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Why the rush to trade Rengifo? He has improved last 2 years. Can play all of INF and OF positions. This is type of player halos should sign too an extension. Bieber is one year rental just sign a FA pitcher to a deal. Like most teams Clevland would have zero interest in Anderson.

Gotta give to get. Getting rid of Anderson contract is more money for other players. Rengifo is a bad defender and very streaky. He has value cuz he hits. 

17 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Gotta give to get. Getting rid of Anderson contract is more money for other players. Rengifo is a bad defender and very streaky. He has value cuz he hits. 

Except you’re not getting anything of value in your proposed deal

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:

It’s a massive overpay, IMO.  His numbers dropped when he went to Seattle, likely they’ll drop a little more in LA.  I’m also glad that they’re paying for all the K’s, and not the Angels.

That's also why it may not be a disaster.  His neutral park numbers in 2023 were right in line with what he had put up the previous three years.  Playing in Seattle hurt him more than playing in the park in Toronto helped him.

But the Ks are a legit issue.