• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I know he ticks most of this board off, but he's gets his zingers in there -- Angels Twitter is amazingly stupid, flat out stupid.

He’s somehow one of the most annoying posters and one of the funniest IMO because whatever bit he’s got going on he sticks to it so so well. It’s fantastic.

I agree with you but some team with same information will give him 150 to 200 mill. I hope it is not the halos and don't think it will be. I see Angels doing very little and maybe just signing FA to 1 year deals to flip at deadline. We keep hearing Arte wants to compete but Angels have so many needs. I would only sign FA to 1 year deals and flip them at deadline. As of now Minasian has done nothing to have this team compete in 2024. 

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I agree with you but some team with same information will give him 150 to 200 mill. I hope it is not the halos and don't think it will be. I see Angels doing very little and maybe just signing FA to 1 year deals to flip at deadline. We keep hearing Arte wants to compete but Angels have so many needs. I would only sign FA to 1 year deals and flip them at deadline. As of now Minasian has done nothing to have this team compete in 2024. 

Not only do you repeat yourself multiple times in a thread, now you’re doing it in the same post.

congrats!

44 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I don't think any players of great talent can be had on 1 yr deals this offseason. 

49 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

just signing FA to 1 year deals to flip at deadline.

There is little you could do that would stall improvement more than this.  Any free agent player that signs a one year deal is likely a scrub or a player that is easily replaceable.  Therefore, they will yield very, very little in a trade at the trade deadline.  You are going to get a warm body that maybe someday might be a role player.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Not only do you repeat yourself multiple times in a thread, now you’re doing it in the same post.

congrats!

He also confuses himself with Minasian and/or Arte. "I see..." "I would".

Apparnetly he believes that because he thinks that's what they should do that it's what they will do. 😂

8 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

If the Angels want to compete, they need to gamble on some players. Off season not over but with current roster not impressive. Bellinger had a nice bounce back year after getting away from Dodgers. He was healthy and with help from new hitting coach. If Trout is healthy he will need protection in the lineup. Maybe his broken hand is not completely healed. Arte may not want to spend this off season and wait till next year. I'm just guessing like all of us on AW. Next month will tell what direction halos are going in. 

I'm thinking it has more to do with is Arte being in the fetal position in a dark closet as he is still in disbelief that Ohtani went to the Doggs.

IF anything Arte is checking back in on the people that were interested in purchasing last offseason.

What does everyone think of the idea of kicking the tires on Lucas Giolito ? I dont see his name talked about much currently after the horible season he had last year but that bad season could be a blessing for a team that can fix what went wrong last year. and we have a new pitching coach. Could he be had aat a value ? thoughts or opinions ?

12 minutes ago, Chitown27Fan said:

What does everyone think of the idea of kicking the tires on Lucas Giolito ? I dont see his name talked about much currently after the horible season he had last year but that bad season could be a blessing for a team that can fix what went wrong last year. and we have a new pitching coach. Could he be had aat a value ? thoughts or opinions ?

Pretty sure that ship has sailed, even with a new manager and pitching coach. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Sign:

Clevinger

Manaea Or Montas

Justin Turner

Hicks

Garver

Trade Sandoval and Rengifo in a package for Burnes and Adames

This is actually very intriguing.

I do believe Clevinger can bounce back and Montas likely needed to get out of NY. To what extent? who knows.
Hicks is a perfect fit for the Angels since they love high-velo guys.
Adames/Turner/Garver are interesting options and provide much needed depth. Curious on how the SS/2B picture looks with Adames/Neto/Drury

And of course Burnes is great and a possible extension candidate. 

Edited by angelsnationtalk