• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

yes,  there is the possibility of improvement 

he was released twice last year.

he's entering his age 32 season. 

he had a WAR of 1.0 with the halos and -0.6 with the reds.

let someone else roll the dice on him, someone like the royals who just committed to two years with him.

5 hours ago, BTH said:

Was looking through FA SPs, and I’m curious what you guys think of Mike Clevinger?

Biggest red flag IMO is his off-field stuff. He didn’t get suspended but got investigated for domestic violence.

Looking at him as a pitcher, he put up good numbers last year but he had a high FB% and got lucky on his HR/FB ratio.

Clevinger, Bauer, and Urias in a 3-way MMA cage match to determine who gets to stay in the league

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Please stop with this. 

Lorenzen isn't any better than our worst starter on this staff. 

All I was pointing out not many FA pitchers left now. Maybe like 10 that were in top 50 FA this year. Lorenzen listed that number 35. Some have said he may get a 3 year deal. I'm not saying the Angels would but price will be going up as time goes on. KC has taken 2 off the board this week. I truly belief pitchers like Snell and Yamamoto are not coming here. People keep mentioning Burnes halos do not have what Brewers would want. In my Opinion Lorenzen is better than Tyler Anderson who cannot get out of the 4th inn.

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

All I was pointing out not many FA pitchers left now. Maybe like 10 that were in top 50 FA this year. Lorenzen listed that number 35. Some have said he may get a 3 year deal. I'm not saying the Angels would but price will be going up as time goes on. KC has taken 2 off the board this week. I truly belief pitchers like Snell and Yamamoto are not coming here. People keep mentioning Burnes halos do not have what Brewers would want. In my Opinion Lorenzen is better than Tyler Anderson who cannot get out of the 4th inn.

Just because someone is FA doesn’t mean we have to have him. This is also the same Lorenzen that was left off the Phillies wild card roster even AFTER throwing a no hitter. Shows you what they thought of him. Dude will get a 1 year deal at best 

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

IMG_7657.jpeg

Does deferred money count against future luxury tax thresholds those years that it is paid?

or do they skirt it with deferred money

I haven’t found anything about that, just the luxury tax while he’s under contract.

anyone know how that works?

26 minutes ago, Biergott said:

Does deferred money count against future luxury tax thresholds those years that it is paid?

or do they skirt it with deferred money

I haven’t found anything about that, just the luxury tax while he’s under contract.

anyone know how that works?

No, the present value counts for the next 10 years.  Once they start paying him the $68M/year in deferred money, it's just a real cash expense and doesn't count against the luxury tax (if there even is one at that point).

44 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Is Stroman’s agent posting here?  If there is ever a pitcher who is going to regress, he’s the one.  

Stroman is going to need a huge offensive team behind him.  So, Toronto.

Almost every FA SP is going to regress. It's why a young Japanese guy will get 300 million. 

The Brewers have 5 outfielders heading into 2024 (Yelich, Chourio, Frelick, Mitchell and Wiemer). 

The Angels need some lefthanded bats in the lineup with only Schanuel, Rengifo and Moniak. 

Would absolutely love for them to get Yelich in a larger trade but if not one of Frelick or Mitchell who have a good blend of speed & pop,  good approach at the plate and both can flat out go get it in the outfield. 

I also like Tyler Black, another lefthanded bat who has played 2B, CF and 3B. Stole 55 bases and whacked 18 HR while posting a .417 OBP.