• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

45 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Dodgers just gave Glasnow $27 million a year, which sounds like a steal until you realize he pitched a career high 120 innings last year.  

This could really blow up in their face, but since it is the Dodgers it won’t. 

It's weird, i equally think: wow, they stole him being locked up for 5 years at under $30M......and wow, they sunk 5 years into this 30yr old guys who can't stay healthy.  I seriously don't know what to think about Glasnow and his next 5 years.  I also didn't realize he was already 30.  I thought he was younger.  Maybe his arm is fresh and 30-35 will age well.  Or maybe he's damaged goods and will be spurts of success with mostly DL time.

LAD certianly have some huge upside, elite potential in their rotation for 2025+...like 3-4 ace type guys.  Then again, it's possible none of these guys (Ohtani, Glasnow, Buehler) are ever healthy come the playoffs in 2025+ 

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’ll be interesting to see where we go.  Snell and Montgomery are still out there and both are Boras clients. Stroman is out there. Then you have Montas and Mannea.  Bauer but I’m not sure he’s going to be signed by anyone. 

If they go after a top pitcher, I think it’s down to Snell, Stroman, or Bieber.

If not, the mid/bottom of the market is thinning out. 

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’ll be interesting to see where we go.  Snell and Montgomery are still out there and both are Boras clients. Stroman is out there. Then you have Montas and Mannea.  Bauer but I’m not sure he’s going to be signed by anyone. 

Those are all great options. Feels like everyone will come off the board one at a time and we get  T Hernandez because he hits HR!

Was looking through FA SPs, and I’m curious what you guys think of Mike Clevinger?

Biggest red flag IMO is his off-field stuff. He didn’t get suspended but got investigated for domestic violence.

Looking at him as a pitcher, he put up good numbers last year but he had a high FB% and got lucky on his HR/FB ratio.