• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Feinsand: Angels are “very interested” in Blake Snell

mmc

Just now, Duren, Duren said:

Not sure big money free agency is the path to take right now. I think the young starters all have more upside. Especially Silseth, if he can stay healthy. Some growing pains are unavoidable but 2024 has to be about establishing stability and growth. The era of big name/contracts needs to be put in pause.

Trades though may add to the youth movement. Here's a pretty comprehensive set of rumors and speculation. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/12/several-angels-players-reportedly-drawing-trade-interest.html

Why does one stop the other?  Make the best trades you can and sign the best players you can.

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

You're legit my favorite poster here, but I'm tired of waiting for the guy next year.

There is always a perfect SP becoming a FA.

We advocated waiting for Cole and then the dude got 300M. 

Snell has flaws, but we had can get him I don't think it should exclude Arte from signing Burnes next year.  

Totally understood 

I did want Cole.  
Durable, averaged 6 innings a start  2017-2019, high Ks/BBs ratio, great WHIP, ace, grew up here 

Then he had to go and grow up as a Yankees fan.

Burnes is similar to Cole.

Durable, 6 innings per start 2021-2023, high Ks/BBs ratio, great WHIP, ace, grew up in Bakersfield but was a Halos fan growing up.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

The Angels way

Don't want to overpay for winner Adrian Beltre, overpay for loser Vernon Wells

Don't want to pay for winner Gerrit Cole, overpay for loser Rendon

I miss Jerry Dipoto

Haha. Miss the guy that brought us Albert, Josh and Blanton. 

28 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

That would be why a "mercenary" would want to come to the Angels.  My question pertained to a "competitive" player.  i.e. wanting to play in the post season.

You realize or maybe you don’t, that players have egos and actually believe they are part of a solution, right?  They don’t all look at teams and see all of the issues, some look at what they can provide.  I get that that doesn’t make sense to you, but it certainly is true.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You realize or maybe you don’t, that players have egos and actually believe they are part of a solution, right?  They don’t all look at teams and see all of the issues, some look at what they can provide.  I get that that doesn’t make sense to you, but it certainly is true.  

Your post would have merit (for once) if  there has been a rush of ego's lining up to sign.

48 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

That would be why a "mercenary" would want to come to the Angels.  My question pertained to a "competitive" player.  i.e. wanting to play in the post season.

The better they play the more money they get. Players to need to be competitive to make mo money. Look at Tony Rendon he will start playing in 2025 because his contract is coming up he wants to make mo money he will need to play better. It's not about the rings it's all about the money.  Players come to halos for the beach and Knott's Berry Farm.