• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Albert,

Strad, Albert has hit out the 3rd spot in the batting order for 1619 games. He hit 3rd for the Cardinals most of his career. He's hitting .320 lifetime out of the 3rd spot so what is it that Sosh is doing wrong?

Just when the thread was starting to lose steam the OP takes it to another level.

I have seen this topic appear and reappear all season long.  I have often agreed that Pujols might be hurting the team.  Than I am reminded about our piss poor depth.   As bad as Pujols has been this season, do we have a replacement in the minor league who can actually do better?  If so, please name him!  Because I do not think more playing time for Cowgill, Harris, or Hawpe will help the team more than Pujols in the lineup!

I am not trying at all because the numbers are plainly there. Trumbo spent June hitting .200 in the cleanup spot. Hamilton has been unable to generate anything since game one of the season. And yet you guys key on Pujols as if he can't hang with these guys even though he is still out hitting them on one foot.

Again, the key with Pujols is that if the Angels will simply sit him he might end up giving us the "Old" Albert down the stretch.  He obviously is going to keep trying to help the team, they just need to give him some time to heal.

Trumbo has nothing really do to with that.  If you want to sit him, fine, but that is simply another discussion imo.

I have seen this topic appear and reappear all season long.  I have often agreed that Pujols might be hurting the team.  Than I am reminded about our piss poor depth.   As bad as Pujols has been this season, do we have a replacement in the minor league who can actually do better?  If so, please name him!  Because I do not think more playing time for Cowgill, Harris, or Hawpe will help the team more than Pujols in the lineup!

Conger is already putting up better numbers than Pujols and Calhoun is capable of out producing Pujols.

It's not just his pure offensive numbers, his base running is about the slowest in the league and his leading the majors in GIDP is really hurting the team.

And it doesn't take much to replace Pujols since he has produced 0 WAR in 82 games.

That's right 0 WAR.

Albert's 0-8 vs. the Cardinals so far.

Remember Albert's so-called adjustment a couple weeks ago? Last 11 games: 5-48, a .104 BA.

Man, Albert Pujols really sucks.

Old and getting older, foot and knee problems and declining production...in year 2 of a 10 year deal

That's a lot of suck

Conger is already putting up better numbers than Pujols and Calhoun is capable of out producing Pujols.

It's not just his pure offensive numbers, his base running is about the slowest in the league and his leading the majors in GIDP is really hurting the team.

And it doesn't take much to replace Pujols since he has produced 0 WAR in 82 games.

That's right 0 WAR.

Conger is already playing a lot....at catcher!

As for Calhoun, he is unknown and at best he plays as well as Pujols is right now.  The best thing for the Angels is hope for Pujols to get hot.