• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Albert,

We know it's tough for you to hear but you're currently hurting the team. You need to take a couple of weeks off to give your foot and knee a rest and come back fresh after the All Star Break. Please put your pride and ego aside and try to get healthy for a stretch run. We know your foot hurts, we get it, so do right thing and take a break.

Signed,

Your Teammates

I can't speak to the frequency of this topic, I'm not here every day. I can only imagine it is as you say Stradling, ad nauseum. As far as the OP's opinion is concerned, I couldn't agree more. I too wish Albert would take the time that is necessary in order to get the foot problem handled. Although, everyone must have known Albert wasn't going to miss the series with St Louis, even if his arm fell off.

I'm going with the flute wants Albert in bed choice.   

I am not trying at all because the numbers are plainly there. Trumbo spent June hitting .200 in the cleanup spot. Hamilton has been unable to generate anything since game one of the season. And yet you guys key on Pujols as if he can't hang with these guys even though he is still out hitting them on one foot.

I am not trying at all because the numbers are plainly there. Trumbo spent June hitting .200 in the cleanup spot. Hamilton has been unable to generate anything since game one of the season. And yet you guys key on Pujols as if he can't hang with these guys even though he is still out hitting them on one foot.

This ^ (is the correct answer)  --  Some people need to study the recent numbers a little more rather than trying to make suggestions on impressions.  But I guess that takes a little too much work.

He wasn't hurting the team a couple weeks ago. He was tearing it up.

I don't think he is hurting the team.  He is above league average, offensively.  His production was average for his position, recently.  It isn't like the Angels can replace him with someone that they can expect to do better.

Then, there's this matter of the foot injury.  I'm no medical expert, but I swear I've heard such people say playing with it doesn't make it worse.  

This ^ (is the correct answer)  --  Some people need to study the recent numbers a little more rather than trying to make suggestions on impressions.  But I guess that takes a little too much work.

Pujols is 5 for his last 45 for a cool .111/.216/.222 line.  Those numbers?   

It's ridiculous to compare him to Trumbo because there are different expectations here.  Trumbo makes league minimum and, generally speaking, has given more than was ever expected of him a couple years ago.  And when he struggles, Scioscia can move him down in the order, as he's done the last couple games, without fear of shattering a superstar ego.  

Pujols is (was?) one of the greatest RH hitters to ever play the game, and was given a ginormous contract to come here and do the same for us.  Not to mention he apparently will never be moved from the 3 hole, even if he rolls up to the batters' box in a wheelchair.  And he contributes nothing defensively because he spends most of his time at DH these days.  

I think it's pretty understandable that people are going to get a bit more upset at Pujols.  

Pujols is 5 for his last 45 for a cool .111/.216/.222 line.  Those numbers?   

It's ridiculous to compare him to Trumbo because there are different expectations here.  Trumbo makes league minimum and, generally speaking, has given more than was ever expected of him a couple years ago.  And when he struggles, Scioscia can move him down in the order, as he's done the last couple games, without fear of shattering a superstar ego.  

Pujols is (was?) one of the greatest RH hitters to ever play the game, and was given a ginormous contract to come here and do the same for us.  Not to mention he apparently will never be moved from the 3 hole, even if he rolls up to the batters' box in a wheelchair.  And he contributes nothing defensively because he spends most of his time at DH these days.  

I think it's pretty understandable that people are going to get a bit more upset at Pujols.  

yup, WAY more paycheck and expectation

Albert resembles an overpaid Abreu (who himself was only removed from the 3 spot by getting released by Dipoto)

Getting upset at Albert for his production is like getting upset at Howie for not being a batting champion. It's not Albert's fault he's still hitting third, that's on Mike. The team needs him, unfortunately with his injury he's going to be inconsistent.

Getting upset at Albert for his

production is like getting upset at Howie for not being a batting champion. It's not Albert's fault he's still hitting third, that's on Mike. The team needs him, unfortunately with his injury he's going to be inconsistent.

Strad, Albert has hit out the 3rd spot in the batting order for 1619 games. He hit 3rd for the Cardinals most of his career. He's hitting .320 lifetime out of the 3rd spot so what is it that Sosh is doing wrong?