• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hire Ron Washington as manager

mmc

1 minute ago, cals said:

Is that what happened?

Did Rojas pump him up on one of Chuck's podcasts or something and now you're all compulsory fanboys?

You gotta be kidding me.

Yeah I don't listen to the podcast so maybe that's why I'm not on board.

8 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I really do not see a difference with managers. With this roster now a rebuild should start and until Angel's put thru some kind of direction going forward. Ron Washington, Buck Showalter, Tori Hunter or even Mike Scioscia will not make any difference. 

I rarely agree with you, but I'm with you on this one.  I'm fine with Washington, given what I think is likely to happen with the roster this off-season.

10 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Victor Rojas sold me on Ron Washington. Now we will see how this translates to the field.

Yep agree, me too but after yesterday’s show it didn’t sound like Washington would want to be on the west coast. I was then thinking Buck would make the most sense. 

So seeing this breaking news was a great surprise. Really happy with this decision.

To me it will be interesting to see how the staff is put together around him. Especially Pitching coach and Bench coach . 

Edited by HaloBronco
Wording

3 minutes ago, cals said:

Is that what happened?

Did Rojas pump him up on one of Chuck's podcasts or something and now you're all compulsory fanboys?

You gotta be kidding me.

You’re more outraged over a guy who did some nose candy but not the guy that donkey punched and dirty sanchezed a groupie? I’m shocked I tell you…shocked!

Just now, HaloBronco said:

Yep agree, me too but after yesterday’s show it didn’t sound like Washington would want to be on the west coast. I was then thinking Buck would make the most sense. 

So seeing this breaking news was a great surprise. Really happy with this decision.

To me it will be interesting to see how the staff is put around him. Especially Pitching coach and Bench coach . 

Pitching coach is going to be a big deal.

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Better than saying that it sucks before he manages a single game.

True.  For now I'll make judgement based on his drug problem, accusations of sexual assault and the fact that he hasn't managed in a decade. 

Just now, cals said:

True.  For now I'll make judgement based on his drug problem, accusations of sexual assault and the fact that he hasn't managed in a decade. 

The Braves thought enough of him to bring him into the organization. That isn't a club who just brings in anybody. If there were valid issues, he wouldn't have been on the staff.

Just now, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The Braves thought enough of him to bring him into the organization. That isn't a club who just brings in anybody. If there were valid issues, he wouldn't have been on the staff.

Well like I said, I hope it means this organization now does bring in anybody and Bauer will be in Angel red next season.