• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2024 MLB Free Agent List... Who do you want?

For me it’s two SP, two or three relievers, and a bench inf bat / OF bat.

and Ohtani or Soler as the DH.

i look to trade Rengifo and Sandoval. Maybe Thaiss as well. And I wouldn’t be opposed to trading Estevez. 

Sign Yamamoto and Montgomery for instance. Moore, Hicks and one more low $$$ guy.

I’d consider Bauer as the second now that the allegations have been proven false. But he’s a weird cat anyway.

Moustakas and Urshela did well For the team but Moose struggled down the stretch after two good months and Gio didn’t have enough power. 

I keep cheap young players like Rengifo and Sandoval both with upside. Pitcher like Yamamoto bidding on him will be very high. Pitcher like that would want to be on a winner. Moose and Urshela I pass on. I do not belief halos will content for playoff spot I sign starters like Lorenzen, Miley and relief pitcher Robert Stephenson. Again just depends on what direction Angels are going without Ohtani.

39 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I keep cheap young players like Rengifo and Sandoval both with upside. Pitcher like Yamamoto bidding on him will be very high. Pitcher like that would want to be on a winner. Moose and Urshela I pass on. I do not belief halos will content for playoff spot I sign starters like Lorenzen, Miley and relief pitcher Robert Stephenson. Again just depends on what direction Angels are going without Ohtani.

If you're not even going to be competitive, there's no reason to sign Lorenzen or Miley types. Just go with whatever you have in the system already, save $, and reload after next year.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

If you're not even going to be competitive, there's no reason to sign Lorenzen or Miley types. Just go with whatever you have in the system already, save $, and reload after next year.

Players like Lorenzen and Miley could be traded at deadline for prospects. Both are veterans who could help young pitchers and only if you can sign them on 1 year deals. Both would add depth to rotation and eat inns. Thor got halos Moniak and Maldonado got halos Sandoval. Even Tyler Anderson could be traded if pitching decent. I cannot see halos being competitive with this roster after 8LS and going to lose Ohtani. I just hope Angels do not sign Giolito some stupid 150 mill deal. It does not have to be Lorenzen many other pitchers are opting out of deals. Maybe you sign a Lugo or Clevenger to 2 or 3 years deals and trade them at deadline. Maybe Trout and Rendon stay healthy as they get to DH with Ohtani gone and halos surprise and compete. I just do not spend or commit a ton of money this off season.

On 11/3/2023 at 3:43 AM, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

1B/3B/DH - Moose

Why? He was actually crappy as an Angel and crappy for years proceeding.

That guy is an inigma, how he can play so poorly but fans think he's great. He isn't.

He had a 68 OPS+ as an Angel. 100 is league average. He was a -.5 WAR for the Angels. The previous two years he was -1.0 and -.8. 

If Moustakas is part of the Angels organization next season it better be as a minor league instructor. 

9 hours ago, Hubs said:

i look to trade Rengifo and Sandoval. Maybe Thaiss as well. And I wouldn’t be opposed to trading Estevez. 

Sign Yamamoto and Montgomery for instance. Moore, Hicks and one more low $$$ guy.

I’d consider Bauer as the second now that the allegations have been proven false. But he’s a weird cat anyway.

Moustakas and Urshela did well For the team but Moose struggled down the stretch after two good months and Gio didn’t have enough power. 

There’s no way they’re affording both Montgomery and Yamamoto, and I have no idea why anyone would want Bauer

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

That guy is an inigma, how he can play so poorly but fans think he's great. He isn't.

He had a 68 OPS+ as an Angel. 100 is league average. He was a -.5 WAR for the Angels. The previous two years he was -1.0 and -.8. 

If Moustakas is part of the Angels organization next season it better be as a minor league instructor. 

I've been beating this drum since right after the Angels acquired him. The continuing obsession with fans wanting to have "local guys" just because they're local is odd to me.  As you note, he hasn't been even passably decent in years.  Sure, there are stories about how he's a good "clubhouse guy" or that people like playing with him--but they said the same thing about Phil Nevin as the manager and look where that got the team. 

9 hours ago, Hubs said:

Soler is probably going to get $20M+/year.  Not sure I really want a pure DH sucking up that much money, especially since he runs hot and cold year-to-year and within years. 

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

He did better than the list of 4A players that have been up and down here the last 3 years... I'd rather have him up at the plate late than any other scrub in AAA or off the Waiver Wire. A bat off the bench and to give guys days off isn't a bad spot for him. And he could probably be had for the a little more than the minimum.

56 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

He did better than the list of 4A players that have been up and down here the last 3 years... I'd rather have him up at the plate late than any other scrub in AAA or off the Waiver Wire. A bat off the bench and to give guys days off isn't a bad spot for him. And he could probably be had for the a little more than the minimum.

He isn’t major league quality and offers no upside so yeah it is

9 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Slappy, lowering the bar just to put Moustakas in the lineup is not a valid argument. Saying he played better than a kid with barely AA experience or some filler guy since the Angels were scapping the bottom of the depth barrel is no excuse to pay for a negative WAR player.

As for a bat off the bench, what bat? He had a .256 OBP and .371 slugging percentage. That's not a bat, it's a splinter. If his name was Jake Lamb (put up similar numbers) you'd never think twice about cutting him loose and not looking back.

On 11/3/2023 at 2:36 PM, AngelStew43 said:

Bellinger, Turner, Yamamoto.  

Bellinger to play RF, or 1B if Schaunel  is not ready.  Trout in CF, Ward to LF.  

Turner to DH for most of the ab's there, the rest to be used to give regulars days off.  

Yamamoto to help anchor the staff.  If the Padres are cutting payroll, an inquiry on Snell or Musgrove, if the medicals are clean.  

In my story that will be published tomorrow I say the Angels seem like they should go for versatility again among position players and I also identified Bellinger and Turner. 

Schanuel, Drury, Neto, Rendon, O’Hoppe, Ward, Trout, Moniak. (Plus Rengifo)

They have a reasonable choice at every position now. Obviously some of that won’t pan out, but right now you don’t know which one (Rendon is the best bet.) Getting more players who could move around helps them cover for that. 

7 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

In my story that will be published tomorrow I say the Angels seem like they should go for versatility again among position players and I also identified Bellinger and Turner. 

Do you think they’d spend at the level to be in on someone like Bellinger?

Turner seems more in their price range, given they need to allocate a lot of resources towards pitching.

3 minutes ago, BTH said:

Turner seems more in their price range, given they need to allocate a lot of resources towards pitching.

I'm curious what kind of deal Turner will end up getting.  He had an unusual contract with the Red Sox.  He declined his $13.4M player option for '24 and got a $6.7M buyout instead--so he really only needs to do better than one year, $6.7M to come out ahead.  Obviously, someone will give him more than that--but I wonder if he's looking for a 2-year deal now or what.  He scares me a little.  Solid year overall last year, but terrible month of September and about to turn 39.  A one-year deal for 10ish/low teens would be fine, but I'd be leery of offering him a multi-year deal at this point.

11 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm curious what kind of deal Turner will end up getting.  He had an unusual contract with the Red Sox.  He declined his $13.4M player option for '24 and got a $6.7M buyout instead--so he really only needs to do better than one year, $6.7M to come out ahead.  Obviously, someone will give him more than that--but I wonder if he's looking for a 2-year deal now or what.  He scares me a little.  Solid year overall last year, but terrible month of September and about to turn 39.  A one-year deal for 10ish/low teens would be fine, but I'd be leery of offering him a multi-year deal at this point.

My guess is a one year deal between $12-$15 million.

If he signs with a contender, it’s on the lower end of that range. If it’s with a team like the Angels, it’s probably on the higher end.

42 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Schanuel, Drury, Neto, Rendon, O’Hoppe, Ward, Trout, Moniak. (Plus Rengifo)

They have a reasonable choice at every position now. Obviously some of that won’t pan out, but right now you don’t know which one (Rendon is the best bet.) Getting more players who could move around helps them cover for that. 

How about a Tim Anderson? Adell is left off list and he is out of options. I see many reasonable pitching options and I like Lugo as one of them.

40 minutes ago, BTH said:

If they don’t sign Ohtani, they can afford a top free agent starter and Belinger, along with other pieces.  They have to have a ton of money coming off of the books.  If I had to guess it’s $70 million off the books.  Ohtani, Renfroe, Urshela, Loup, Tepera that is over $60 million by itself.