• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Billy Eppler resigned as Mets GM amid MLB investigation into improper injury list placements

mmc

Just as long as he never comes near the Angels again. Why some Angels fans thought this guy was a good GM will always baffle me. Was it the move to acquire Danny Espinosa to be the starting 2B one year? Signing Luis Valbuena so Sosh could play him every day over a young David Fletcher? Having a bullpen fell of DFA waiver wires like in 2019 and 2020? We had Hansel Robles and David Hernandez pitching late in games. Besides bringing Ohtani here I can't think of one good thing that happened under his tenure. 7 years after his first draft in Anaheim, the only somewhat successful major leaguers I can think of from his drafts are Griffin Canning and Matt Thaiss. If I'm missing any someone can please enlighten me but just a reminder Adell, Kyren Paris and Jordyn Adams were all high draft picks of his. Kyren Paris and Adams look like total shit.  This guy was and is a horrendous GM imo. Say what you want about Perry, he tried and failed at the deadline and that's a fair criticism. But at least I can say his draft picks like Schanuel, Sam Bachman (if he can stay healthy) and Neto look like they could have potential great careers. Plus trading for O'Hoppe he's set up some good young players in the system. I don't want this guy anywhere near Anaheim again sorry. 

5 minutes ago, asuangelsfan05 said:

Just as long as he never comes near the Angels again. Why some Angels fans thought this guy was a good GM will always baffle me. Was it the move to acquire Danny Espinosa to be the starting 2B one year? Signing Luis Valbuena so Sosh could play him every day over a young David Fletcher? Having a bullpen fell of DFA waiver wires like in 2019 and 2020? We had Hansel Robles and David Hernandez pitching late in games. Besides bringing Ohtani here I can't think of one good thing that happened under his tenure. 7 years after his first draft in Anaheim, the only somewhat successful major leaguers I can think of from his drafts are Griffin Canning and Matt Thaiss. If I'm missing any someone can please enlighten me but just a reminder Adell, Kyren Paris and Jordyn Adams were all high draft picks of his. Kyren Paris and Adams look like total shit.  This guy was and is a horrendous GM imo. Say what you want about Perry, he tried and failed at the deadline and that's a fair criticism. But at least I can say his draft picks like Schanuel, Sam Bachman (if he can stay healthy) and Neto look like they could have potential great careers. Plus trading for O'Hoppe he's set up some good young players in the system. I don't want this guy anywhere near Anaheim again sorry. 

I'll add Reid Detmers to this list as his draft picks that have had a positive (but hopefully still improving) effect with the big league club. I forgot Detmers was his last 1st round pick for a minute. 

6 minutes ago, asuangelsfan05 said:

I'm not sure I've got time for this one.  @Inside Pitch you wanna take a crack at it?  

14 minutes ago, asuangelsfan05 said:

I’m not going to pick this all apart but heaven forbid he sign Valbuena instead of giving the job to Fletcher. In 2017 Valbuena had a .727 OPS in the majors while Fletcher was .655 in a hitters environment at AAA. 
As for drafts you missed Marsh, who was capital to acquire O’Hoppe, so if you are going to praise Minasian for getting O’Hoppe give Eppler credit for drafting the guy that made that trade possible.  He also drafted Detmers, who was the quickest to the majors and in his first full year he was an above average MLB starter.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m not going to pick this all apart but heaven forbid he sign Valbuena instead of giving the job to Fletcher. In 2017 Valbuena had a .727 OPS in the majors while Fletcher was .655 in a hitters environment at AAA. 
As for drafts you missed Marsh, who was capital to acquire O’Hoppe, so if you are going to praise Minasian for getting O’Hoppe give Eppler credit for drafting the guy that made that trade possible.  He also drafted Detmers, who was the quickest to the majors and in his first full year he was an above average MLB starter.  

I added Detmers in my post after. That's fair, I forgot about Marsh being his pick and not Dipoto's. Part of my post was seriously asking if there was anyone besides Canning, Thaiss and Detmers that has contributed to the major league club since his first draft. 

3 minutes ago, asuangelsfan05 said:

I added Detmers in my post after. That's fair, I forgot about Marsh being his pick and not Dipoto's. Part of my post was seriously asking if there was anyone besides Canning, Thaiss and Detmers that has contributed to the major league club since his first draft. 

When you draft high school kids the development takes longer and there’s a lot more hit and miss. Paris is all of 21 and had a very good year in AA. Adell will play in the majors for quite awhile. 

On 10/4/2023 at 1:14 PM, AngelsWin.com said:

The caveat with the other soft tissue injuries, however, is those descriptions are likely going to be attached when an injury is, say, exaggerated for the sake of roster management. If a pitcher without options needs a break, either because of workload or performance, it’s easy to find some “hamstring” or “groin” tightness.

At least five of the Angels’ injured list placements this year were mostly about roster management, and all were given soft tissue descriptions, a source said.

If they go after Eppler,  what is stopping them from going after other teams?

38 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Either the enforcement is changing or what he  he did was really stupid and sloppy…..everybody does this…

I’m guessing someone filed a grievance with the union. Look at pending free agents as they have the most to lose.