• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Athletic: How did Angels squander Trout & Ohtani? It starts with the owner’s frugality

jsnpritchett

The Angels organization should have known that POS Eric Kay was a drug addict and was dealing drugs not only to Skaggs, but other major leaguers as well. What other MLB has had a director of communications or similar higher-up dealing lethal drugs to players? Ultimately the responsibility lies at the owner's feet. Kay was Communications Director from 2017-2019. He was hired by John Carpino, who knew Moreno from the billboard industry before he bought the Angels.

https://www.newsweek.com/court-docs-ex-angels-staffer-ran-drug-operation-clubhouse-before-pitchers-death-1622243

2 hours ago, Chico said:

The Angels organization should have known that POS Eric Kay was a drug addict and was dealing drugs not only to Skaggs, but other major leaguers as well. What other MLB has had a director of communications or similar higher-up dealing lethal drugs to players? Ultimately the responsibility lies at the owner's feet. Kay was Communications Director from 2017-2019. He was hired by John Carpino, who knew Moreno from the billboard industry before he bought the Angels.

https://www.newsweek.com/court-docs-ex-angels-staffer-ran-drug-operation-clubhouse-before-pitchers-death-1622243

I don’t believe Kay was hired by Carpino. I am almost positive his time with the Angels pre-dates Arte’s ownership. I thought he was around a 20 year employee of the team. Regardless it was one drug addict doing drugs with another drug addict. One was high profile athlete so the other one went and acquired the drugs. Oh and they happen to work at the same place. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don’t believe Kay was hired by Carpino. I am almost positive his time with the Angels pre-dates Arte’s ownership. I thought he was around a 20 year employee of the team. Regardless it was one drug addict doing drugs with another drug addict. One was high profile athlete so the other one went and acquired the drugs. Oh and they happen to work at the same place. 

Kay was the Gopher and also an Abuser who was expendable (Comparatively speaking than the MLB Starting pitcher) and a lower level employee down the food chain. If he got popped... He would be in the news not Skaggs.

The outcome is just sad. 

I love these articles because they whip everyone up and nothing changes. The world knows it, the fans know it, and Arte laughs on the way to the bank. 

he doesn’t care.  

you see these raider fans giving it to Mark Davis this weekend to fire McDandiels?  Arte would react the same way and not lift a finger.  

did he go to games much last season. I don’t know because I don’t watch and I only went to the Reds series.  

these articles are useless. I wish they got under Arte’s skin but turning 140M into 3B is pretty good teflon.