• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nolan Schanuel

ScottT

22 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

He won't hit the roster days or at bat limits.  He has 95 ABs with 8 games left (including today's), so he can still get 34 AB without exhausting his eligibility.  Given his BB rate, it's highly unlikely he'll get 34 AB over the next 8 games, even if he plays every one of them.

Yeah I thought that if he reached 45 days on the roster that would trigger it, but I think I read it wrong. I believe it has to exceed 45 days. When I counted it recently, of he stays in the roster through the end of the season he'll be at exactly 45 days.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

He had great first half. Angels not going anywhere in 2024. Bring him in help young starters. Ohtani will be gone and maybe Trout I just hope they do not sign anyone more than 1 year.

How's he going to help the young starters other than to say, "Don't pitch like I do"?

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

There are stats I dislike one is blown save, because it’s incomplete. A second is Total Bases as it doesn’t include walks. Maybe if they had a stat called TB+ that included walks it wouldn’t bother me but it feels incomplete. 

do errors, HBP, and fielders choice count in TB, or would they go into TB+? or not count at all?

On 9/24/2023 at 10:09 AM, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Yeah I thought that if he reached 45 days on the roster that would trigger it, but I think I read it wrong. I believe it has to exceed 45 days. When I counted it recently, of he stays in the roster through the end of the season he'll be at exactly 45 days.

It's more than 45 days, and yeah, they called him up with 45 days left. 

Also, I always thought it was plate appearances not AB's. But they must've changed it.

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/rules/rookie-eligibility#

Doesn't matter though, He wont win the rookie of the year unless he puts on some muscle and starts getting more power. And He wont be a Super Two in regards to arbitration as 45 days wont put him close to that. 

6 minutes ago, Hubs said:

It's more than 45 days, and yeah, they called him up with 45 days left. 

Also, I always thought it was plate appearances not AB's. But they must've changed it.

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/rules/rookie-eligibility#

Doesn't matter though, He wont win the rookie of the year unless he puts on some muscle and starts getting more power. And He wont be a Super Two in regards to arbitration as 45 days wont put him close to that. 

Nope.  It has always been 130 ABs, not PAs.  I've mentioned that in several threads.  Not a recent change.

15 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

punishing a player for getting on base...i'm sure this will be addressed in the next CBA. That's an idiotic rule.

?  I don't think you understand how the rule works if you think it's a "punishment".  If anything, it BENEFITS players like Schanuel.  There's no way he would have won Rookie of the Year this year in only 40 or so games, so the rule protects his rookie eligibility and allows him to still be a candidate for ROY next season.  How is that bad for him?

And, as I noted, this is absolutely not a new rule.  It has always been this way, so, no, they're not going to address it in the next CBA.

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Exactly.  I think he's just confused.  It's a benefit to someone like Schanuel, not a punishment!

Ah you're right, i didn't read it as just rookie eligibility in terms of rewards. My brain  went into service time mode. In that sense, it would be a punishment, but in this case you're right its actually beneficial to the player. 

Carry on...nothing to see here.