• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where will Ohtani play in 2024?

T.G.

Where will Ohtani sign/play in 2024?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will Shohei Ohtani sign with this off season?

I doubt it's "down to" such and such teams. This operates under the implied assumption that this person has inside information with Ohtani and his agent. 

No team, not even the Angels have any such information, let alone some random beat reporter. 

Remember when he signed with the Angels? What was Eppler's reaction? He fell out of his chair. He had no idea which direction Ohtani was leaning. 

I think this will be the same thing. 

30 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I doubt it's "down to" such and such teams. This operates under the implied assumption that this person has inside information with Ohtani and his agent. 

No team, not even the Angels have any such information, let alone some random beat reporter. 

Remember when he signed with the Angels? What was Eppler's reaction? He fell out of his chair. He had no idea which direction Ohtani was leaning. 

Eppler will not fall out of his chair.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

I believe the reports on teams that are out. As far as teams that are in...I mean, it comes down to who has both the interest (pretty much everyone) and the money to make it work. The teams that are out mostly have the money and are out either because they don't think Ohtani is interested or they don't think the price works for them. Now, Passan mentioned Dodgers, Angels, Cubs, Blue Jays, and maybe Giants. We don't know how seriously Ohtani has interest in each of those teams, but they're interested and haven't gotten the sense their opportunity is over. That's the sense in which I understand the report. 

As far as the Angels' surprise...I mean, they were one of, what, eight teams on his short list? So it wasn't as surprising as if he'd picked someone not on his list....

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

If he signs here the shitshow on reddit and twitter will be legendary. Literally everyone is counting the Angels out. 

I want him back because obviously, but I also want him back simply to watch people lose their shit. 

Completely agree with you on that (Yes the fan side of me would like him back for obvious reasons but also the spiteful side of me would love to see everyone else losing their shit because he resigned with the Halos).

Admittedly the better baseball move would be to not resign him and take that capitol and spread it around to other players.

I'm in the minority for sure, but I have no interest in signing a player to a 500 million dollar deal.  We've been, and continue to be, down the road of having a few high-priced star position players that hinder our ability to complete a roster (read: resources towards high-end SP and BP).  I'm exhausted with the approach.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

If he signs here the shitshow on reddit and twitter will be legendary. Literally everyone is counting the Angels out. 

I want him back because obviously, but I also want him back simply to watch people lose their shit. 

I still can't believe that there are people who truly think the Angels have any shot at signing him.  The reason there would be a total freak out if he did, is that Ohtani is the one who said he wants to play for a team that has a chance to win a Championship.  The 1st question at the press conference to him would be, "If you want to win a Championship, why sign with Anaheim?"  They've shown nothing close to contending for a title.  Can't even make the playoffs as a wild card.

And why do Anaheim fans even want him to sign here?  The team has been awful the entire time he's been in Anaheim.  Sure, they'll possibly be even worse without him, but it's not like he's been some sort of savior for the club.  Having 2 of this generation's greatest ball players, has barely made the Angels into a team capable of a .500 record.

Perhaps this belief that he might sign here, and the desire to have him do so, comes down to the fact of how embarrassing it will be to realize that the Angels let someone of his caliber, get away, and have NOTHING to show for it.  Heck, they could have traded him a year ago, or even a couple of months ago, and at least got something in return.

But the owner is a dip&*it, and really only cares about the billions he's going to make when he eventually sells the team, whether Ohtani is on the roster or not.

1 hour ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

I still can't believe that there are people who truly think the Angels have any shot at signing him.  The reason there would be a total freak out if he did, is that Ohtani is the one who said he wants to play for a team that has a chance to win a Championship.  The 1st question at the press conference to him would be, "If you want to win a Championship, why sign with Anaheim?"  They've shown nothing close to contending for a title.  Can't even make the playoffs as a wild card.

And why do Anaheim fans even want him to sign here?  The team has been awful the entire time he's been in Anaheim.  Sure, they'll possibly be even worse without him, but it's not like he's been some sort of savior for the club.  Having 2 of this generation's greatest ball players, has barely made the Angels into a team capable of a .500 record.

Perhaps this belief that he might sign here, and the desire to have him do so, comes down to the fact of how embarrassing it will be to realize that the Angels let someone of his caliber, get away, and have NOTHING to show for it.  Heck, they could have traded him a year ago, or even a couple of months ago, and at least got something in return.

But the owner is a dip&*it, and really only cares about the billions he's going to make when he eventually sells the team, whether Ohtani is on the roster or not.

I think you stumbled onto the wrong site. You need to take that left turn at Albuquerque for Dodgerswin. 

It'll be us or the Dodgers. I really don't think he'll go to Canada and I do not think he'll go to Chicago. Obviously that could be way wrong but I believe he'll stay on the west coast, as well. 

Does he go to the team that he thinks is a piece or two away with a hell of a farm system and an already stacked lineup? Or does he buy into what Perry is pitching, the youth we have coming up the pipeline, and maybe get an assurance from Arte/Perry that they're going to go all in if he commits and finish what he started here in Anaheim? I'm going to continue to believe he's going to stay with the Angels.