• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Ohtani converted to the OF, would you re-sign him and for how much?

Angel Oracle

If Ohtani converted to OF, would you re-sign and what would be the most you would offer him?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. If converting to the OF, would you re-sign Ohtani?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If wanting to re-sign Ohtani as an OF, what’s the most you would offer him?

• 10 years/$450 million
    • 10 years/$400 million
    • 9 years/$405 million
    • 9 years/$360 million
    • 8 years/$360 million
    • 8 years/$320 million
    • 7 years/$315 million
    • 7 years/$280 million
    • 6 years/$270 million
    • 6 years/$240 million
    • Something else

If he came up as a OF then I think he would be very good even as a center fielder. He didn't.

Even at this juncture he's stud enough to pull of a capable right field.

Would I put him out there if I was the GM... No!

Not a popular take, but with the state of the franchise I just don't see a need for Ohtani. When he was injured people were suggesting modest contracts of maybe a couple years.

Now I see people think he's going to get 10/450 again and he may.

I'm not signing him to that as a Angel GM, what are you putting behind him at this point?

It's a shame this organization couldn't have a few years of glory with Ohtani and Trout.

No...I'm not saying it was wasted years, but Trout/Ohtani were not maximized years either.

i would prefer top see this move to 1B personally.   He likely has the athleticism to pull it off, and the size.  I do feel that if hes not going to pitch then playing the field should be on the menu instead of full time DH only to open up options on the roster for 24, assuming he stays of course

25 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

He would probably not play the OF until 2025.   At least then, the arm strain from pitching is no longer a concern.

Just means Rendon and Trout wouldn’t be able to DH a lot until 2025.

It would be great to see Ohtani every day in the OF but realistically I see him maybe as a 4th OF and DH. That is, after he is done with pitching.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, sadly, no one under the age of 30, that is a premium player is signing a 6 year deal.  

You're right so my offer wouldn't be enough and that's fine. If Ohtani can get more years somewhere else he definitely should.

If I'm the Angels watching Trout break down at age 32 in year 5 of 12 I would be very careful not to repeat that. Angels need to get younger.