• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (9/7/23) Guardians @ Angels: Jhonathan Diaz starting, Ohtani not playing

jsnpritchett

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread: (9/7/23) Guardians @ Angels: Jhonathan Diaz starting, Ohtani not playing

Diaz is just the 11th Angel to Start this year, 10 was Rosenberg earlier this week. 

Angels have had 25 starts of Sandoval, 25 of Detmers, 23 of Anderson and 23 of Ohtani, plus 18 from Canning.

Silseth (7), Suarez (6), Giolito (6), Barria (6) and now Rosenberg and Davidson round out the starters this year.

GO ANGELS!!!

15.5 games behind Houston in the West, 13 games behind Toronto in the WC, but only 3 behind Cleveland on the next rung up the WC ladder. Also an apparently safe 21 ahead of Oakland.

22 games left to play!!! It will soon be over.

Following our Angels all the way to the rebuilding and recruitment season!!!

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Why? If he leaves, who cares? If he stays, I'm assuming whatever surgery he gets won't take as long as TJ to heal, so he should be ready by Opening Day.

Either way, what else do we have to hope for except seeing #50?

I don't really care all that much one way or the other, to be honest.  Just getting a little tired of the "will he/won't he".  And given how much teams are pitching around him and how little HR power he's been hitting with over the past month+, 50 sure seems unlikely.

19 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Not sure what the problem is with posting the lineup, especially since word got out a while ago that Ohtani isn't playing. 

19 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I know, right? I imagine there might be a few fans in tonight's crowd of 50 that still fill out baseball stat sheets and needs those names.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Diaz is just the 11th Angel to Start this year, 10 was Rosenberg earlier this week. 

Angels have had 25 starts of Sandoval, 25 of Detmers, 23 of Anderson and 23 of Ohtani, plus 18 from Canning.

Silseth (7), Suarez (6), Giolito (6), Barria (6) and now Rosenberg and Davidson round out the starters this year.

But the Nevin/Minasian defenders told me our season was bad because of injuries and we're the most cursed/snakebit team (because of injuries) in history.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't really care all that much one way or the other, to be honest.  Just getting a little tired of the "will he/won't he".  And given how much teams are pitching around him and how little HR power he's been hitting with over the past month+, 50 sure seems unlikely.

Yeah, I hear you. I'd just like to see it, but it probably won't happen at this point.