• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/30/23 10am Pacific) Angels @ Phillies: Detmers on the mound, Rengifo in CF, hitting 2nd

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread: (8/30/23 10am Pacific) Angels @ Phillies: Detmers on the mound, Rengifo in CF, hitting 2nd

GO ANGELS!!!

BEAT PHILLY!!

If the Halos win their final 29 games, they can finish with 92 wins and possibly a postseason berth. Note: The longest winning streak in MLB history is 26 by the 1916 New York Giants, who were 60-66 in the rest of their 154 games.

The Angels start play today 7 under .500, 12.5 games behind Seattle, Texas and Houston in both the AL West and the WC. The West is presently in a virtual 3-way tie, The Angels are 9 back of Toronto, 6 back of Boston and 1.5 behind New York in the longshot WC list.

Giolito, Lopez, Leone, Moore, Renfroe and Grichuk remain Angels today but are reported available to be claimed on waivers Thursday. If all six go, the Angels save $7 million off the September payroll.

Just now, eligrba4ever said:

Weird for all six, because the waiver lists are supposed to be confidential.. Oh, well. It is what it is.

Well yes, all six.  I mentioned the two that were in the starting lineup.  I wonder what they will be thinking as they step into the batter's box.  I know they're professionals, but they're also human.  It's interesting to think about.

18 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Well yes, all six.  I mentioned the two that were in the starting lineup.  I wonder what they will be thinking as they step into the batter's box.  I know they're professionals, but they're also human.  It's interesting to think about.

Is it too late to get a tee time for Friday?

38 minutes ago, T.G. said:

They are all getting paid.  Does it matter?  It's part of the business.

3 minutes ago, halonatic13 said:

They are all getting paid.  Does it matter?  It's part of the business.

Really?  They're getting paid?  Damn.

It doesn't matter.  That doesn't mean it isn't interesting to think about.

Philly broadcasters just laughing and joking about falling behind. Confident that they will come back. What a difference in attitudes with the teams right now. A playoff chase would have made this part of the season so much more fun and interesting. 

Maybe Renfroe gets hot and gets claimed just when he's actually productive again. The same with any of the other involuntary mercenaries.