• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/30/23 10am Pacific) Angels @ Phillies: Detmers on the mound, Rengifo in CF, hitting 2nd

Anything to keep Rengifo’s hot bat in the lineup

17-32 in the past 9 games with 6 XBHs

Raised LHH OPS from just under .600 on July 1 to .701.   

Since July 1, has a near 1.000 overall OPS, maybe top 5 in AL since July 1.

Maybe just give him the 3B job in 2024, and work to cut down some the mental errors?    Maybe focusing mainly on one position can help with that?

Seems to hit much better when playing regularly, and has the arm for 3B.

Still re-sign Moose for 2024 insurance?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Philly broadcasters were surprised that Velasquez was given a hit on his bunt. I guess they don't know he tries to bunt on almost every at bat and for once he finally got rewarded. 

Ohtani steadily adding to his RBI totals. If he still plays almost every day he may have a career high. But he also seems either reckless or over aggressive on the basepaths now. 

1 minute ago, Duren, Duren said:

Ohtani steadily adding to his RBI totals. If he still plays almost every day he may have a career high. But he also seems either reckless or over aggressive on the basepaths now. 

It's not just now.  For as fast as he is, he doesn't strike me as a particularly good baserunner (I'm sure someone will pull up Statcast stats showing me I'm wrong now...ha).