• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels waive Moore (claimed by Cleveland), Giolito (claimed by Cleveland), Lopez (claimed by Cleveland), Grichuk (not claimed), Renfroe (claimed by Cincinnati), Leone (claimed by Seattle)

mmc

4 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I wonder how much playing time Adell will get in September?

Likely little to none.  From Jeff Fletcher's latest Q&A:

Q: What is going on with Jo Adell? — @hawaiiwriter

A: Although the initial word was that Adell’s oblique strain was somewhere between the severity of the ones suffered by shortstop Zach Neto and relief pitcher Matt Moore, at this point it looks like it will end up being more severe than both of them. He still has not begun any type of baseball activity, and he’s nearly eight weeks removed from the injury. He still has time to make it back this season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Likely little to none.  From Jeff Fletcher's latest Q&A:

Q: What is going on with Jo Adell? — @hawaiiwriter

A: Although the initial word was that Adell’s oblique strain was somewhere between the severity of the ones suffered by shortstop Zach Neto and relief pitcher Matt Moore, at this point it looks like it will end up being more severe than both of them. He still has not begun any type of baseball activity, and he’s nearly eight weeks removed from the injury. He still has time to make it back this season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t.

Whew! I was worried about that.

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Is it also time to consider shutting down Trout, and also shut down Ohtani from hitting once he reaches 48 HRs?

The sooner Ohtani gets TJS, the sooner he can hit in 2024.

Why shut down Ohtani at 48?  Why shut him down at all?  It’s his decision.  

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Is it time to consider shutting down Trout, and also shut down Ohtani from hitting once he reaches 48 HRs?

The sooner Ohtani gets TJS, the sooner he can hit in 2024.

I'm looking for Ohtani to use the 28 remaining games to launch about 15 home runs as his Angels swan song for the AL  record. He'll likely be a Dodger in February.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He only has 5 HR in his last 30 games.

It's still possible. 

Also, I hope he stays, but I have my doubts. The TJ is what it is. He'll probably won't pitch at all in 2024 no matter where he is. The recovery time for batting left-handed won't matter if it's now or four weeks from now.

Just now, eligrba4ever said:

It's still possible. 

Also, I hope he stays, but I have my doubts. The TJ is what it is. He'll probably won't pitch at all in 2024 no matter where he is. The recovery time for batting left-handed won't matter if it's now or four weeks from now.

Yeah, it would make a difference.  He had the first surgery in October of 2018 and didn't start DH'ing again until about a week into May of 2019.  If he needs surgery (still unclear, but presumably he does), if he gets it ASAP, there's still an outside shot he could be hitting again at the start of next season.  If he waits again, it's highly unlikely.

1 minute ago, gurn67 said:

Speaking of the Indians, did anybody else notice that our old buddy Kole hit a 3 run game winning home run yesterday? He's also got an OPS  of .811 and has driven in 15 runs in 20 games since being called up on August 5.

Cleveland is only 5 games out of the division lead. Great division. Those ex-Angels can still dream of October.

19 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Cleveland is only 5 games out of the division lead. Great division. Those ex-Angels can still dream of October.

The last time we could dream of watching the Angels in October was in late September 2015 when they were 2 games back with 5 to go. Of course, they went 2-3 though. That included blowing a 5-3 lead at home to the A's who had the worst record in the American League that year.

15 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Surprised Renfroe got claimed and not Grichuk. 

7 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

He probably has too much of his $10.33 million 2023 salary remaining to justify one month's service.

7 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I was, too.  I get that Renfroe is a good defender with a great arm, but Grichuk isn't bad, either.

Probably not a whole lot of difference between the two.....teams are looking for pitching at this point...which is why all of the pitchers were claimed, even Leone.....

30 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

What is it now like 15 straight years under the lux tax so we keep that streak alive. This will be 8 th straight losing season so that streak is still alive. Rendon and Trout missing more games then played for 3 straight  season that streak is alive. 

The Only time they paid it is after the 2004 season. And it was only a few bucks, they exceeded it only slightly.