• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels place Mike Trout and Matt Thaiss on 10 day IL, recall Cabbage, select Wallach, DFA, Devenski, Weiss claimed off waivers by Boston

I love Trout to death. He's been my favorite player since day one and the reason I watch their games still... but..... This is getting ridiculous. He knows damn well the team can't succeed with him being on the IL for half a season. 

It's a mild form of Rendon 2.0 except he's a fan favorite so we support him.  at this point, he should consider a change to corner outfield where he can limit the stress on his body. 

48 minutes ago, larueskee said:

Could it be that Trout is the primary problem with this team? I mean the team has many problems but everything revolves around Trout and his paychecks.

Pitching is utter dog shit and last I checked, that’s not Trout’s area and it’s the primary problem. Trout always being hurt is a problem though. 

The simple truth is Trout has played for more than a decade, is getting older, and his body has had a lot of wear and tear. The injuries are increasing in frequency and length of recovery.

He jogged in at the end of an inning, tore his calf, and was out for five months. This year, he breaks his wrist swinging the bat and now might not return this year after already missing seven weeks.

4 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I love Trout to death. He's been my favorite player since day one and the reason I watch their games still... but..... This is getting ridiculous. He knows damn well the team can't succeed with him being on the IL for half a season. 

It's a mild form of Rendon 2.0 except he's a fan favorite so we support him.  at this point, he should consider a change to corner outfield where he can limit the stress on his body. 

I agree if they have a capable CF...  they do defensively, but Moniak is such a mess at the plate, he shouldn't be in there every day.

Also, he hurt his hand swinging a bat.

Trout has a serious case of Rendonitis, likely a very bad case of it.  There seems to be no known cure. Luckily for Trout, it’s just in time for him to watch his eagles even the preseason. Regardless, winning yes the act of winning eludes Trout. It always will. Some guys are somehow born with that intangible quality and while he was born with extraordinary physical attributes, winning is just not part of his makeup.
This organization is so effed. 

I'm sure Trout feels as he has let down this team. All the talk was still about Ohtani yesterday. Sit Trout rest of season and see what happens next year. He will not traded as nobody will take on his contract. If halos resign Ohtani DH spot would be locked up so Trout would be back in OF. All halo fans can hope for is that Dodgers get knocked out in playoffs. 

• mmc changed the title to Angels place Mike Trout on 10 day IL, recall Trey Cabbage
35 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I would give Cabbage a good look at this point….season is done, why play Renfroe and Grichuk every day? Neither is likely back, although I guess Grichuk could be a 4th OF’er type….At least platoon Cabbage in LF or RF…

I agree - we might as well give Cabbage lots of at bats since we have control over him for a while. He has absolutely been tearing up the PCL and leads the league in HR's with 27 hitting: .307/.372/.595 (.967 OPS). 

He even has 31 (!) stolen bases. As we saw from his first call-up, there are some holes in his swing and I'd like him to be more selective, but the Angels could really use another stud youngster in the lineup to go with O'Hoppe, Neto, Schanuel, Moniak etc.