• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels place Mike Trout and Matt Thaiss on 10 day IL, recall Cabbage, select Wallach, DFA, Devenski, Weiss claimed off waivers by Boston

• mmc changed the title to Angels place Mike Trout on 10 day IL, recall Trey Cabbage, Zack Weiss claimed off waivers by the Red Sox
  • mmc changed the title to Angels place Mike Trout and Matt Thaiss on 10 day IL, recall Cabbage, select Wallach, DFA, Devenski, Weiss claimed off waivers by Boston
3 minutes ago, BTH said:

Why did the Angels DFA Devenski?

Was his velocity low in his rehab assignment or something?

@Jeff Fletcher

did Nevin or Perry say why?

Could just be as simple as the fact that he's a free agent at the end of the year and they didn't see any reason to keep him around, since this year is a lost cause now.

14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Loup at least has the "advantage" of being a lefty.  But, yeah, overall, this certainly isn't a move that matters in the grand scheme of things. 

I just think Devenski could maybe be a guy you re-sign to help you win in 2024, while we know Loup isn’t.

Devenski was lights out, but usage caught up to him. And I wonder how long he was dealing with the injury before he was placed on the IL.

7 hours ago, BTH said:

Why did the Angels DFA Devenski?

Was his velocity low in his rehab assignment or something?

@Jeff Fletcher

did Nevin or Perry say why?

They didnt say specifically but I think it’s obvious they don’t I think he’s better than any of the guys in the big league bullpen now. They can’t option him and he clearly wasn’t injured any more so he couldn’t stay on the IL. 

29 minutes ago, Tank said:

the opening day roster next year is going to look so incredibly different from the roster today.

i have no idea yet if that will be an improvement.

Idk, but I’m getting tired of watching guys like Velazquez, Escobar, Wallach, and Renfroe.

The viewing experience should at least be better if we’re watching young players.

On 8/24/2023 at 3:29 PM, Angelsjunky said:

I think it is time to accept the fact that Trout is truly Ken Griffey Jr, Jr. Albeit a better version. We hoped that he wasn't, but he is.

Griffey finished with 630 homeruns, 1836 rbis, 2781 hits. Trout will never attain those now. I would wager maybe he gets 2500 hits, and 500 homeruns. with 940 rbis he will be lucky to hit 1500. So you should hop that Trout is just another Ken Griffey JR.