• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/16/23) Angels @ Rangers: Detmers on the mound

5 hours ago, LaPalma said:

I don’t get too cute, one person is too random to bet on.  But the team at a whole?  Actually I’m not betting on tonight, Angels seem to like to win one game a series lately.  They might be due so I’ll just enjoy the game and hope they win.

Right again.

Won two of the last four in Texas.

Good pitching in both of those wins

First goal (winning record) is still well within reach.   22-18 record gets them to 82-80, which considering the ridiculous number of injuries would be a solid improvement over 2022.

Schedule slowly gets easier the rest of the month, and then September sees them having 16 of 28 games at home.

Offense needs to get its’ act together.  56 runs in past 19 games just doesn’t cut it, and partly explains the 6-13 record.

Edited by Angel Oracle

20 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Won two of the last four in Texas.

Good pitching in both of those wins

First goal (winning record) is still well within reach.   22-18 record gets them to 82-80, which considering the ridiculous number of injuries would be a solid improvement over 2022.

Schedule slowly gets easier the rest of the month, and then September sees them having 16 of 28 games at home.

Offense needs to get its’ act together.  56 runs in past 19 games just doesn’t cut it, and partly explains the 6-13 record.

After tonight, the team OPS has dropped to .597 for the month of August. That's dead last in all of MLB.

13 minutes ago, TroutField said:

All these shitty stats and prolonged losing are making me long for the off-season. 

They have too many proven hitters for this to continue for the rest of the season. Ever since that Detroit double header, they have been unable to hit with RISP almost every game. Prior to that, they had scored at least 4 runs in 13 out of 14 games. Since then, they've only scored 4 or more runs in 4 out of 19 games. They won tonight, but it was because of the pitching. It's not too often you're going to beat the Rangers in Arlington with only two solo home runs. They just can't seem to put any sort of rallies together at all.

5 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

These limp dicks are swinging their bats with less enthusiasm than a busboy punches his time card leaving early at the end of a Friday night shift.

wouldn't the busboy be extremely enthusiastic, thus everybody is likely to be less enthusiastic than him by comparison?

11 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Just got home. What a great outing by Detmers. 

You love to see it.

Close this damn game out and get outta Texas with a W. 

I was so frustrated with the team, l vowed not to watch this game. I did tune in just to check out the score with 2 outs in the 7th and began laughing as l was missing Detmers in the middle of a no hitter bid. Good for him. Still bummed by the season though.

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I was so frustrated with the team, l vowed not to watch this game. I did tune in just to check out the score with 2 outs in the 7th and began laughing as l was missing Detmers in the middle of a no hitter bid. Good for him. Still bummed by the season though.

I wasn't going to watch - Angels baseball hasn't been a source of much good feeling lately - haven't watched many the last few weeks.

But I got a notification of the Ohtani homerun, and against my better judgment, turned the tv on.  Good game to watch

Sure wish we could bottle that version of Detmers - not overwhelming, but just commanded the zone - hope he can find consistency.   (and a voice in my head chimes in "Too.  Late.") 😕

14 hours ago, gurn67 said:

They have too many proven hitters for this to continue for the rest of the season. Ever since that Detroit double header, they have been unable to hit with RISP almost every game. Prior to that, they had scored at least 4 runs in 13 out of 14 games. Since then, they've only scored 4 or more runs in 4 out of 19 games. They won tonight, but it was because of the pitching. It's not too often you're going to beat the Rangers in Arlington with only two solo home runs. They just can't seem to put any sort of rallies together at all.

They don't hit and run, they don't steal bases (except for Ohtani), they don't bunt well, they don't try to hit the ball to move runners from first to third. They just swing for the fences or look at called third strikes.

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

They don't hit and run, they don't steal bases (except for Ohtani), they don't bunt well, they don't try to hit the ball to move runners from first to third. They just swing for the fences or look at called third strikes.

I saw them in person execute two perfect hit and runs vs the Astros.    But you had to be at the stadium because the lame announcers are not there either and you cant see it on tv.

29 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

I saw them in person execute two perfect hit and runs vs the Astros.    But you had to be at the stadium because the lame announcers are not there either and you cant see it on tv.

Did they win?

Angels, not Astros. 

Speaking of personal issues, the Max Stassi situation is interesting.  I can’t recall another situation ever where a player sat out an entire season, disappeared, and people never knew what the reason was.  We’ve seen everything from severe drug and alcohol abuse, cancer diagnoses, steroid use, Wander freaking Franco, Trevor freaking Bauer, things I’m sure many of those players wish the public never found out about, and yet we found out about them anyway.