• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/16/23) Angels @ Rangers: Detmers on the mound

4 minutes ago, full circle said:

Speaking of personal issues, the Max Stassi situation is interesting.  I can’t recall another situation ever where a player sat out an entire season, disappeared, and people never knew what the reason was.  We’ve seen everything from severe drug and alcohol abuse, cancer diagnoses, steroid use, Wander freaking Franco, Trevor freaking Bauer, things I’m sure many of those players wish the public never found out about, and yet we found out about them anyway.  

That probably tells us that it has something to do with a family member of his, and not him specifically.

Cause if it was about him specifically, those things do tend to get out.

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

That probably tells us that it has something to do with a family member of his, and not him specifically.

Cause if it was about him specifically, those things do tend to get out.

We find out when players’ family members have things happen to them as well.  Especially when it causes the player to not play.  If it’s not something directly about him, usually there comes a point when that player can play despite turmoil in a family.  This indicates it is something directly about him.  We’ve heard of players playing when their parents have terminal illnesses.  John Lackeys wife had cancer.  Players playing after they’ve beaten their wives.  It’s just unique. 

1 hour ago, full circle said:

Speaking of personal issues, the Max Stassi situation is interesting.  I can’t recall another situation ever where a player sat out an entire season, disappeared, and people never knew what the reason was.  We’ve seen everything from severe drug and alcohol abuse, cancer diagnoses, steroid use, Wander freaking Franco, Trevor freaking Bauer, things I’m sure many of those players wish the public never found out about, and yet we found out about them anyway.  

I think you’ll probably find out eventually but it will be Stassi is ready to talk about it. I imagine at some point he’ll either come back or retire, and in either case he’ll say what happened.

1 hour ago, full circle said:

I'm kind of hoping we find a way to move Stassi. Sorry about whatever personal crisis he's experiencing, but the guy just can't hit.

O'Hoppe and Thaiss are acceptable.

21 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm kind of hoping we find a way to move Stassi. Sorry about whatever personal crisis he's experiencing, but the guy just can't hit.

O'Hoppe and Thaiss are acceptable.

I can't imagine anyone is going to want to take on a $7.5M commitment to Stassi, especially after him missing this season.

Edited by jsnpritchett

35 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think you’ll probably find out eventually but it will be Stassi is ready to talk about it. I imagine at some point he’ll either come back or retire, and in either case he’ll say what happened.

Are the Angels on the hook for paying him while he continues to decide whether he wants to go public with whatever his issue is?  

Again, that’s another unique thing about this.  Usually you can’t just skip out on your team, you have a contract.  

I wish him the best.  He’s fortunate to be playing on the West Coast, seriously doubt he’d get away this secrecy in East Coast media.  

51 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Obviously at some point, the Angels need an answer on whether he’s coming back.

Is that point heading into this offseason or in Spring Training?

If I were the front office, I’d want to know by the start of the offseason so I can plan around whether I need to replace him and whether or not his salary will be on the payroll.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Obviously at some point, the Angels need an answer on whether he’s coming back.

Is that point heading into this offseason or in Spring Training?

If I were the front office, I’d want to know by the start of the offseason so I can plan around whether I need to replace him and whether or not his salary will be on the payroll.

I assume the Angels will need to know about 2024 pretty soon into the off-season. 

I hope Stassi gets to keep his personal life to himself, nobody needs to know his business.

The Angels have become such a rotating door with injuries and acquisitions, honestly I forgot about him being on our team. I was rooting my balls off for that guy before, but he was painful to watch taking up a slot in the lineup and his CS was dogshit.

I'd give him 1/8 of games behind O'Hoppe, Wallach, then Thaiss to see if he still had it, if we still play like this next year, which is likely with Ohtani gone and Rendon in the lineup.