• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Phil Nevin’s tirade in the dugout yesterday

Chuck

4 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

This team has no leadership or heart, and I blame Trout and Ohtani 100%.

The leadership comes from the manager. If the players are not taking roles to be standard bearers it has to be the manager's fault not pressing those responsibilities. You kept deflecting to everyone else's fault except the one person that has the responsibility to create a team out of a bunch of players. 

1 hour ago, LaPalma said:

I’ve been right so far, just waits couple more years and you’ll really see.

Being called an idiot by the likes of you is a compliment. You’re a one trick pony, bitter old man.  Get an actual life.

I have a pretty damn good life. 

29 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

The Angels performance the last couple months has been borderline unwatchable. He should have been flipping tables and blowing up the entire time.

You're the worst member on this board, and contribute nothing.

Nobody likes you.

Ok quitter. 

Just now, Blarg said:

The leadership comes from the manager. If the players are not taking roles to be standard bearers it has to be the manager's fault not pressing those responsibilities. You kept deflecting to everyone else's fault except the one person that has the responsibility to create a team out of a bunch of players. 

Name one championship team that had zero leadership from the rank and file players.

*crickets.

1 hour ago, LaPalma said:

Trout is the one with the monster contract.  He’s the home grown player.  His lack of leadership and fire are doom and I said not to sign him.

Sure would like to know when you said this since you've only been a member since August 6th. That's about 4-1/2 years late to the party. And the year he signed the extension he earned his third MVP at 27 years old. 

On your side Blarg. Trout has that contract, but he effing earned it. He shows up when healthy, even if the results aren't there, it's not for lack of effort.

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Haha. You are such a piece. Quitter. 

Nobody (including me) knows what you're talking about, so quit while you're ahead, you're making an ass of yourself (as usual).

Just now, CaliAngel said:

^On your side Blarg. Trout has that contract, but he effing earned it. He shows up when healthy, even if the results aren't there, it's not for lack of effort.

Nobody (including me) knows what you're talking about, so quit while you're ahead, you're making an ass of yourself (as usual).

You claimed you were good enough to play mlb baseball but quit because it wasn’t worth it. Thus quitter.  Get it now or should I type it slower?

48 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

The Angels performance the last couple months has been borderline unwatchable. He should have been flipping tables and blowing up the entire time.

You're the worst member on this board, and contribute nothing.

Nobody likes you.

Say what you will about Strad but at least he doesn’t willingly choose to live in Arizona.

Anybody who thinks that either Trout or Ohtani are this team's problem, doesn't have a clue.  Honestly, if you ask me, Trout was foolish for being loyal.  He'll probably never win a Championship with the Angels.  Heck, he may never play another Playoff game with them, the way things are going.  I do not expect Shohei to make that same mistake.  I think that perhaps he was hoping they would show him something the last couple of seasons, but instead he's been witness to a dumpster fire.

4 hours ago, floplag said:

One one hand, yeah, you love to see it... someone that actually gives a damn. 
On the other, its a really really poor look for the franchise that he has to do that. 
Im not going to play the they are professionals thing... it goes without saying, but i also recall a scene towards the end of the old "North Dallas Forty" movie where a player went off saying it still needs to be a game over a business... and quite frankly i think thats where a lot of these guys are.
The joy of the game just looks... gone.  Trout was a different guy in the WBC than he was when he got back for example, and i think losing, falling short, whatever you want to call it has taken a toll on these guys.
Blame whatever, injuries, ... it doesnt matter really the outcome is the same.
I dont know if they are disheartened, tired, given up checked out or just beaten down by this seasons failures and maybe more than just the season for many of them.
Something needs to change... something MUST change

To be honest, the Seattle sweep after 4 heart breaking losses, the players seems to have have lost their fight.