• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Astros (August 11th, 2023) MUST WIN SERIES!!

Chuck

1 minute ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Sorry, but that's a ridiculous statement.

The Mariners are 5 games ahead of them also, as of this moment.  The Angels need to catch the Blue Jays, the Mariners AND the Yankees, who are also ahead of them.

Relax.  I understand how it works.  Of course they need to pass the other teams in front of them, but the Blue Jays currently have the last wild card, so until someone (Angels or another team) knocks them out, they're the target.  I don't see what the big deal is about saying that.

24 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Hey Detmers, nice two gopher balls to a guy hitting .103 and hadn’t played MLB since 2015!!!!!

You suck supreme!

Somewhere Joe Blanton is going "at least I didn't give up 2 HR's to Singleton in a game" (chugs beer on the couch) 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Relax.  I understand how it works.  Of course they need to pass the other teams in front of them, but the Blue Jays currently have the last wild card, so until someone (Angels or another team) knocks them out, they're the target.  I don't see what the big deal is about saying that.

It's because the Blue Jays can lose every single game the rest of the season, and the Angels still won't make the Playoffs if they can't overtake the Mariners & the Yankees as well.

Honestly, I don't see why anybody thinks the Angels are going to suddenly play .720 baseball.  At best, they're about a .520 team.  They've been that way for about 8 seasons now, and there's no sign it's changing anytime soon.

I actually heard somebody call in to the Roger Lodge show yesterday, and compliment Arte Moreno for having low beer prices at $14 each.  I guess that's what stands for good ownership these days.  When you can go watch a team suck in person, and pay more for 1 beer than you would buying a 6 pack and watching at home.

Just now, SoCalDucksFan said:

It's because the Blue Jays can lose every single game the rest of the season, and the Angels still won't make the Playoffs if they can't overtake the Mariners & the Yankees as well.

Honestly, I don't see why anybody thinks the Angels are going to suddenly play .720 baseball.  At best, they're about a .520 team.  They've been that way for about 8 seasons now, and there's no sign it's changing anytime soon.

I actually heard somebody call in to the Roger Lodge show yesterday, and compliment Arte Moreno for having low beer prices at $14 each.  I guess that's what stands for good ownership these days.  When you can go watch a team suck in person, and pay more for 1 beer than you would buying a 6 pack and watching at home.

We can keep going back and forth about this, but my point still stands.  And I 100% agree with you that there's virtually no shot that the Angels will make the playoffs, if you've read anything else I've posted over the past month or so.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

We can keep going back and forth about this, but my point still stands.  And I 100% agree with you that there's virtually no shot that the Angels will make the playoffs, if you've read anything else I've posted over the past month or so.

I understand.  My point is that not losing ground to the Blue Jays is no solace, when you're losing ground to either the Mariners and/or Yankees.

Not to mention the reality that the Angels can't afford to not gain ground when a team like the Blue Jays lose, because they're running out of race track.  I assure you the Blue Jays will take a loss all day long, when the team chasing them also loses.

1 minute ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

I wonder if the Angels will retire Ohtani's jersey in around 15 years, after he wins a couple of Championships up the road in L.A. or San Francisco.

I'm 92 percent sure ohtani is staying an angel for life or until the tail end of his career...#17 ohtani will be in a halos uniform in the hof guaranteed

3 minutes ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Haha. They had a $4.50 cup of beer, 14 ounces, for many years. That, of course, is gone.

Just now, eligrba4ever said:

That may be the case. I haven't thought about Canning in some time.

He said today that he's ready to be activated.

And while it's good that Rosenberg has been able to go a few innings tonight, it's not like he's pitched well.  He's given up 9 baserunners and 3 runs in 4 2/3 innings.

The word playoffs shouldn't even be mentioned unless they get to at least 10 games over .500. The odds of even that happening at this point are very slim, but it is a completely useless topic to even talk about otherwise. This team hasn't even shown the capability to play good baseball for a 3 week stretch. They've had 3 good stretches. All 3 were about 2 weeks long. Then, they completely fell of a cliff afterwards. No consistency whatsoever.