• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/6/23) Mariners @ Angels: Silseth on the mound

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

Thats irrelevant.   I was speaking the 10th inning.  That is why i said "they got screwed in last inning".

It’s irrelevant that they only scored twice in nine innings?  There would have been no loss in the 10th if they weren’t hacking at every pitch.

4 hours ago, LaPalma said:

It’s irrelevant that they only scored twice in nine innings?  There would have been no loss in the 10th if they weren’t hacking at every pitch.

Learn to read!  I said they got screwed in the 10th inning dumb ass!  The topic was on the 10th inning.  Anything before was irrelevant to topic i made!

Edited by stormngt

19 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Learn to read!  I said they got screwed in the 10th inning dumb ass!  The topic was on the 10th inning.  Anythibg before was irrelevant to topic i made!

Careful. He’s going to ask your leadership background and then share his with you. 

16 hours ago, LaPalma said:

Groupthink.  The Arte is bad narrative is popular around here.  I’m inclined to say he’s a typical owner.  In fact he spends pretty generously.

Can you quantify why he’s “bad” without resorting to rumors and speculation?  Saying things like he interferes too much is not measurable or verifiable.

i'm going to let the groupthink thing slide because i don't even know who you are. if you want to ask me my opinion about something, don't start it off by discounting my opinion as not my own.

arte spends money on the major league roster. that's a general fact, but he'll spend it all on one shiny object and then refuse to spend the necessary total for the rest of the roster. he's both a big spender and a cheap skate on the mlb roster. also, while he invests in the major league roster the angels have operated at a deficit at every other level of scouting, analytics, etc. etc.

he and carpino don't know how to run an organization of this size in sport. i believe i remember that all of the angels top brass have no history in baseball. it just goes on and on, and at some point the proof is in the pudding. it's just one error compounding on another on and on. he sucks.

16 hours ago, LaPalma said:

Every business is results based so not sure your point there.  I have good business instincts and I’m telling you, Arte selling will fix nothing, in fact it might get worse.  But many people here act like a bunch of emotionally driven teenage girls so no one wants to hear the truth of what world fix this franchise.  They just parrot each other “Arte is bad sqwaukkkkk”

this is idiotic, but you have good business instincts so i'm going to just agree with you since you're the only one that has his own original thoughts and we're just a bunch of parrots.

15 hours ago, LaPalma said:

This is a discussion board, right?  I ask you to consider the possibility Arte isn’t the problem.  But everyone is frustrated and is easier to hop on the bandwagon.  I think outside the box and has a very good career identifying and fixing organizational problems others couldn’t.  But we’re all entitled to our opinions.

i've come around to this guy. i love him now. he's an outside the box thinker; he does things others can't.