• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rallying Cry - Things Change Quickly

This is my first post. I will always be an Angels fan but damn! Angels have all but given up already. Half the team can't hit, and the other half can't pitch when it counts. Lackluster performances. It would not surprise me of Ohtani leaves. It will be really sad to see him go! Then it would not surprise me to see Mike Trout follow by requesting a trade. In the last 2 series, I've never seen so many batters chasing bad pitches out of the strike zone. Way to help out the other pitchers.

All I have to say is: Giants, Astros, Rangers, Rays, Reds, Mets, Phillies.

That is the schedule for August. With the exception of the Mets, every single one of those teams is better than the Angels. They will need to go something like 15-6 to get back in the wildcard race. The chance of that happening is essentially zero.

42 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

All I have to say is: Giants, Astros, Rangers, Rays, Reds, Mets, Phillies.

That is the schedule for August. With the exception of the Mets, every single one of those teams is better than the Angels. They will need to go something like 15-6 to get back in the wildcard race. The chance of that happening is essentially zero.

On the other hand, the way the Angels have been playing, going 6-15 is not that unrealistic.

3 hours ago, Angels 5150 said:

This is my first post. I will always be an Angels fan but damn! Angels have all but given up already. Half the team can't hit, and the other half can't pitch when it counts. Lackluster performances. It would not surprise me of Ohtani leaves. It will be really sad to see him go! Then it would not surprise me to see Mike Trout follow by requesting a trade. In the last 2 series, I've never seen so many batters chasing bad pitches out of the strike zone. Way to help out the other pitchers.

Ohtani deserves better, frankly.  No one will take Trout.  3 WAR or less, 3 out of the last 4 years.  For 35.45MM? Lol……

2 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

If the Astros, Blue Jays, Yankees, Red Sox, and Mariners all have injuries to their

Left Fielder, 

Center Fielder

Third Baseman

Short Stop

Second Baseman

First Baseman 

Catcher 

then the Angels chances will greatly improve.

This is such a worn out excuse.  Houston and NY have both lost many players including their stars but managed to back fill and win.  Yet here we are trading what’s left of the farm for rentals in a lost season.  We never learn.

8 minutes ago, LaPalma said:

This is such a worn out excuse.  Houston and NY have both lost many players including their stars but managed to back fill and win.  Yet here we are trading what’s left of the farm for rentals in a lost season.  We never learn.

Yeah, I've repeatedly made the same point, only to be met with cries of, "But we had MORE injuries!"  It's a losing battle, my friend.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, I've repeatedly made the same point, only to be met with cries of, "But we had MORE injuries!"  It's a losing battle, my friend.

I like facts, not emotion when it comes to things like this.  So I looked and, according to Spotrac, there are FIVE teams with more cumulative injury $ this season.  In other words, take each injured player and sum up what they’ve been paid to sit there.

The real problem is a barren farm.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yes I’m serious. If the Angels thought they had zero chance, like you think they have zero chance, they probably would have traded him. Who knows the situation better, us fans, or the actual team?  Do I think he will resign, no not really, but the odds of him resigning are a helluva lot higher than zero. And yes loyalty is a thing, it certainly seems like you wouldn’t value it, but Shohei very well could. 

Unfortunately Strad, this is an extremely rose colored glasses view.

The organization has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt. Most likely if you are in Arte and Perry’s shoes, this is the last chance you’re going to have to take a shot at the post season with Trout and Ohtani on the same team. Might as well go for it now when the alternative is to never go for it at all.

The other thing, if I am advising Ohtani and he is telling me he wants to make his mark on the post season there is no way I would advise him to stay with the Angels. If familiarity is of greater importance than winning then he might stay, but if that was the case he’d never have left Japan in the first place.

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Unfortunately Strad, this is an extremely rose colored glasses view.

The organization has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt. Most likely if you are in Arte and Perry’s shoes, this is the last chance you’re going to have to take a shot at the post season with Trout and Ohtani on the same team. Might as well go for it now when the alternative is to never go for it at all.

The other thing, if I am advising Ohtani and he is telling me he wants to make his mark on the post season there is no way I would advise him to stay with the Angels. If familiarity is of greater importance than winning then he might stay, but if that was the case he’d never have left Japan in the first place.

Remember where I admitted I don’t think he’s re-signing?