• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rallying Cry - Things Change Quickly

Hello Angels Fans,

I haven’t posted in years but I read every thread and I’m a diehard fan.

We have had a tough go. We are hurt. We are close to giving up. 

Let’s not. Let’s have the fans get behind the team right now. And I mean right now, starting with a win tomorrow.

I’m not here to question organizational moves. I’m here because I love THIS team. I

I truly believe we need a rallying cry like #yeswecan . I propose #ThingsChangeQuickly. . There is 50 (51) games to be played.

I’m not thrilled either but we have seen this team get behind a rallying cry in the past. Please, believe. And let’s get #ThingsChangeQuickly noticed by Twitter. Our players will follow.

thank you and go halos

Cute?

got any fabric to provide in a conversation with me aside from a stupid meme? 

I guarantee your angels knowledge is far less than mine. Let alone baseball knowledge.

im here because I thought there are real believers out there. I still believe. It’s a long shot but don’t celebrate with us if it happens. I’m an actual fan.

THINGSCHANGEQUICKLY

GO HALOS

sick of the hate. Find something better to do with your time old man

Maybe if we hadn’t gone on a 2-7 stretch. They haven’t beaten good teams all year, the pirates and tigers series hyped us up before we started playing good teams again. 

I know it’s hard to accept but it’s over. Can you even remember the last time the angels played consistently over .500 for a decent amount of games? They would have to go like 35-15 or something ridiculous. 

Oh My God!  Delusional.

It is going to take AT LEAST 91 Wins to have a shot at the Playoffs, and even that might not be quite enough.  Teams ahead of us are going to play each other down the stretch, and every time, one of them is going to notch a win.

With 50 games remaining, the Angels would have to go 35-15.  That's .700 baseball.  Atlanta is the League's best team, and they're at .648 for the season.  Have the Angels played .700 baseball over a 50 game stretch EVER, let alone in the last 10 years?

They're not going to finish within 5 games back of the last Wild Card spot, let alone reach it.  Thinking there's a chance, is as ridiculous as thinking that Ohtani is even considering signing another contract with Anaheim.

And his pitching and hitting, has contributed to the Angels even being anywhere near a playoff spot.  Face reality, it's going to be even worse next season, when he's gone.  You don't subtract the best player in the league, and hope to keep things status quo, let alone improve.

Arte Moreno's legacy will be one of the worst owners in the history of the league, for what he's done to the team he bought from Disney, and how he wasted not 1, but TWO of the greatest players to come along in the last 20-30 years.

1 minute ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Oh My God!  Delusional.

It is going to take AT LEAST 91 Wins to have a shot at the Playoffs, and even that might not be quite enough.  Teams ahead of us are going to play each other down the stretch, and every time, one of them is going to notch a win.

With 50 games remaining, the Angels would have to go 35-15.  That's .700 baseball.  Atlanta is the League's best team, and they're at .648 for the season.  Have the Angels played .700 baseball over a 50 game stretch EVER, let alone in the last 10 years?

They're not going to finish within 5 games back of the last Wild Card spot, let alone reach it.  Thinking there's a chance, is as ridiculous as thinking that Ohtani is even considering signing another contract with Anaheim.

And his pitching and hitting, has contributed to the Angels even being anywhere near a playoff spot.  Face reality, it's going to be even worse next season, when he's gone.  You don't subtract the best player in the league, and hope to keep things status quo, let alone improve.

Arte Moreno's legacy will be one of the worst owners in the history of the league, for what he's done to the team he bought from Disney, and how he wasted not 1, but TWO of the greatest players to come along in the last 20-30 years.

Or Shohei resigns and the team continues to improve and are healthier. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Or Shohei resigns and the team continues to improve and are healthier. 

Are you serious?  Take off the blinders, and tell me why he should sign a long term deal with the Angels?  Not only will another team offer him more money than the Angels, but putting that completely aside, he'll get offered more money from a team that's been a Playoff team over the last decade.  He's going to get offers from the cream of the League, like the Dodgers, the Yankees, the Giants, among others.  Big market clubs, who are just waiting to market the s&*t out of him.

Whatever Jedi mind trick worked on Trout, ain't gonna work on him.  Is Trout going to explain all the benefits of "loyalty?"  Like what?  The opportunity to take October off every year?

2 minutes ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Are you serious?  Take off the blinders, and tell me why he should sign a long term deal with the Angels?  Not only will another team offer him more money than the Angels, but putting that completely aside, he'll get offered more money from a team that's been a Playoff team over the last decade.  He's going to get offers from the cream of the League, like the Dodgers, the Yankees, the Giants, among others.  Big market clubs, who are just waiting to market the s&*t out of him.

Whatever Jedi mind trick worked on Trout, ain't gonna work on him.  Is Trout going to explain all the benefits of "loyalty?"  Like what?  The opportunity to take October off every year?

Yes I’m serious. If the Angels thought they had zero chance, like you think they have zero chance, they probably would have traded him. Who knows the situation better, us fans, or the actual team?  Do I think he will resign, no not really, but the odds of him resigning are a helluva lot higher than zero. And yes loyalty is a thing, it certainly seems like you wouldn’t value it, but Shohei very well could. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes I’m serious. If the Angels thought they had zero chance, like you think they have zero chance, they probably would have traded him. Who knows the situation better, us fans, or the actual team?  Do I think he will resign, no not really, but the odds of him resigning are a helluva lot higher than zero. And yes loyalty is a thing, it certainly seems like you wouldn’t value it, but Shohei very well could. 

Shohei has made no secret about what he wants.  He's looking to play for a contender.  He's looking to play for a winning team.  The Angels consider finishing 82-80 to be a successful season.  Loyalty would come into play, if the Angels had shown the slightest bit of success at ANY point since he signed here.  He's smart enough to know, that if the Angels back up the Brinks truck to pay him, they're not going to have anything left over to surround him with different players than they already have.  And aside from Trout, the players they already have, and especially the pitching staff, SUCK.

He gave the Angels every opportunity to prove themselves, and for whatever reason or excuse, they failed.  As they say, Scoreboard!  They can blame this season on injuries, all they want.  But what about last season?  Or the season before that?  Or the season before that?  He wants to win a Championship.  I'm guessing making the Playoffs is not even enough for him.  The Angels can't even come closer than 5 games back of the 3rd Wild Card spot, let alone contend for a title.

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Re-sign* 

6 hours ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Shohei has made no secret about what he wants.  He's looking to play for a contender.  He's looking to play for a winning team.  The Angels consider finishing 82-80 to be a successful season.  Loyalty would come into play, if the Angels had shown the slightest bit of success at ANY point since he signed here.  He's smart enough to know, that if the Angels back up the Brinks truck to pay him, they're not going to have anything left over to surround him with different players than they already have.  And aside from Trout, the players they already have, and especially the pitching staff, SUCK.

He gave the Angels every opportunity to prove themselves, and for whatever reason or excuse, they failed.  As they say, Scoreboard!  They can blame this season on injuries, all they want.  But what about last season?  Or the season before that?  Or the season before that?  He wants to win a Championship.  I'm guessing making the Playoffs is not even enough for him.  The Angels can't even come closer than 5 games back of the 3rd Wild Card spot, let alone contend for a title.

Trout rarely plays either. 

6 hours ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Doesn't Trout go deer hunting as a hobby? October is deer season in most places so maybe that is why he is OK having October off. 

8 hours ago, HaloCharacter said:

I guarantee your angels knowledge is far less than mine. Let alone baseball knowledge.

I love these posts from a guy that hasn't posted here since 2014 and starts lecturing to the rest of the uneducated peasants here of his greatness. Him and Swordsman have to be buddies.