• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (8/2/23 9:20am Pacific): Angels @ Braves: Giolito on the mound, Adams in CF

1 minute ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Disagreed. They have a top 3 offense and, arguably the best in the AL, if they were healthy. The pitching is mediocre for sure but the offense should be enough to carry them to the playoffs. What does hurt them is divisions though and the Central undeservedly getting one team in.

The angels are in the thick of it 

that’s all we can ask for. Some players coming back. 

playing teams in front of us inside the division and wc race 

we’ll be good

4 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Disagreed. They have a top 3 offense and, arguably the best in the AL, if they were healthy. The pitching is mediocre for sure but the offense should be enough to carry them to the playoffs. What does hurt them is divisions though and the Central undeservedly getting one team in.

That's a big IF.

Good teams work through and succeed with injuries, we can't use that as a crutch or as a shoulda coulda woulda.

10 pitch top of the inning, way to answer after a 6 run inning Halos.

3 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

The Angels still wouldn't be in the playoffs as of today, even if there were no divisions.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

You don't trade two of your top prospects for a starting pitcher who'll go 5 1/3 and give up 3 runs.

Maybe most importantly, when you are traded in late July, there aren't a huge number of starts left in the season, maybe 10?....you really need a trade deadline guy to hit the ground running....

I'm not sure how anyone can keep pushing the company line here on the trades.  Escobar, Gio, Leone, etc.  It's so....freaking...bad.  You can't make a huge trade for a rental and be 0-2.  You can't.  Especially when you already were chasing several teams from the outside looking in.  Admit it was bad/stupid.  I don't even blame Perry as much because i can't imagine him being that dumb.  I'm 99.995 sure this was an Arte demand.

4 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

He kept us in the Blue Jays game (allowed 3 runs in 5.1 IP against a very good Jays offense)  but the offense gave him 1 run.

3 runs in 5.1 innings is still a 5.06 ERA. I don’t care who they’re facing, that’s still not good.