• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (7/15/23) - Angels vs Astros

mmc

21 minutes ago, T-angel said:

The Astros follow up a 2 run inning by shutting down the other team's best hitters in order. The Angels follow up a 3-0 lead by walking the number 8 hitter on 5 pitches and eventually allowing 2 runs. That's the difference between teams that win and teams that dont.

Detmers is mediocre at best so this kind of outing should not be a surprise. 

Although I don't believe in curses, I pretend that the Angels are cursed so when the worst does happen I expect it as if it  is unavoidable.

I pretend there must be some powerful entities that hate the Angels and that success for them is impossible as a result.

Yes it sounds nuts,  but if I am to remain a sane fan after 56 years, I need to be a little nuts, otherwise I would be a lot nuts

1 minute ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

Although I don't believe in curses, I pretend that the Angels are cursed so when the worst does happen I expect it as if it  is unavoidable.

I pretend there must be some powerful entities that hate the Angels and that success for them is impossible as a result.

Yes it sounds nuts,  but if I am to remain a sane fan after 56 years, I need to be a little nuts, otherwise I would be a lot nuts

It’s less of a curse and more of having mediocre talent. 

13 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I think that without all the ridiculous injuries, the Angels had a 50/50 chance at the playoffs this year, and that they could have been in the playoffs a couple years previous with a little more injury luck.

All other teams experience injuries too. 

Does this team have any kind of approach at the plate? Do they realize it's all off speed pitches? Man this is frustrating. Letting Maldonado get to us. It's getting hard to watch. I haven't read the thread just popping in so sorry if these have been answered. 

Just now, ylangel said:

Grounder to short followed by two grounders to second base all turn into hits because SS and 2B playing out of position.  Brilliant.

Haha. That ground all off of Rengifo’s glove was directly up the middle. He dove on the left side of the bag. It wasn’t because of being positioned incorrectly. 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, I get tired of the narrative that the Angels are somehow cursed in terms of injuries.  Astros are without Alvarez, Altuve, Urquidy, Lance McCullers, etc., and they've managed to survive.

Truth. The big difference is that the Astros fill the gaps with decent players, like good franchises do. In the Trout Era, the problem has been both in the "middle" and "bottom." Meaning, not only is the secondary cast (after the stars) of regulars not very good, but the bench and/or depth has been poor. The Angels have to literally fill 1000+ PA every year with shitty, negative WAR, players, while the Astros always are able to find decent guys, and rarely have more than a few hundred PA of shittiness. That largely comes down to the Angels having a crappy farm system.