• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Dodgers (July 8th, 2023)

Chuck

Imagine the pitching staff without Ohtani. No one close to an Ace. Anderson barely a fifth starter at best. Detmers unable to take the next step into being dependable. Sandoval and Canning even less dependable. Barria seeming to have journeyman fill in status. And even Ohtani is less dominant than last year. 

Might as well hope the next wave of hopefuls do what these guys seem unable to do. 

1 minute ago, Duren, Duren said:

Imagine the pitching staff without Ohtani. No one close to an Ace. Anderson barely a fifth starter at best. Detmers unable to take the next step into being dependable. Sandoval and Canning even less dependable. Barria seeming to have journeyman fill in status. And even Ohtani is less dominant than last year. 

Might as well hope the next wave of hopefuls do what these guys seem unable to do. 

I'm still not sure what's happened to this guys. They were looking so good last year.

GO ANGELS!!!

Not sure where, but you were down 6-0 when I virtually arrived on the stream. Losing faith in Mr. Detmers -- what little I had before tonight. Hope any strikeouts he got were exciting. 

Angels are looking up at Seattle and the Doggies might be tied for first in the NL West tonight.

7 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

8 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

You enjoy being a victim! 

-- @Stradling

I actually think they did a good job building out the depth this last off season.  My one big fault was not signing a shortstop.  Which they lucked out with Neto on.  Anderson was a terrible signing obviously.  

really, even by Angels standards the amount of injuries have been extraordinary this season.  It’s really something.  I don’t think any team could absorb all this.  Especially in the AL West. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I actually think they did a good job building out the depth this last off season.  My one big fault was not signing a shortstop.  Which they lucked out with Neto on.  Anderson was a terrible signing obviously.  

really, even by Angels standards the amount of injuries have been extraordinary this season.  It’s really something.  I don’t think any team could absorb all this.  Especially in the AL West. 

The broadcast just showed a stat about the teams with the most days lost to the IL so far this year.  The Angels are only like 6th or something, and every team that's ahead of them except the Mets still has a better record than the Angels.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

The broadcast just showed a stat about the teams with the most days lost to the IL so far this year.  The Angels are only like 6th or something, and every team that's ahead of them except the Mets still has a better record than the Angels.

I mean compared to last year? Also factoring in the useless players? They rebuilt the entire bullpen internally. 

im not trying to make an excuse.  It is what it is.  But they’re better then they’ve been depth wise.