• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Dodgers (July 8th, 2023)

Chuck

31 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would not be surprised at all if Nevin doesn’t return after the All Star break.  

i understood firing maddon, and i understood firing eppler before him, but firing minasian or nevin isn't fixing any of the angels problems. it's a case of the sickness attacking the symptoms.

25 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm by no means a Nevin fan, but I don't think swapping him out for Montgomery or Gil or whoever will make any difference at all.  To me, it's a little different this year compared to the Maddon situation last year.  There are obviously going to be major player personnel changes this upcoming off-season, so might make more sense to just bring in a totally new staff alongside those other moves.

I am a Nevin fan, but I think Perry might actually do Phil a solid (for his mental health) by letting Benji take over for the rest of this annual disaster. I suspect that all the players will wish Phil well, say that it’s not on him (it’s not.) and hope he gets another chance with a decent org next time. Even by Angel standards, this last sequence is pretty impressive “Angeling”. Drop that drubbing on Colorado then this?? Everyone remember that night??? I was forwarding my daughter all the links. “We’re good this year honey, for real!” Shit like that. I’m so stupid for even entertaining that.  I knew it in short order when they lost the very next morning to lose that series. So did everyone here who’s been a longtime fan. I thought that was one of the biggest games of the season right there. “They HAVE to win that fucking series!!” The SP collapse lately, the ongoing RISP stuff, Ward, Rengifo, Renfroe, Walsh, Trout (before IL) all having down seasons simultaneously..aside from a couple questionable lineups and bullpen moves, I cannot see how this is on Phil. At all. 

the thing i liked about the '02 team and the vlad years was that this team was filled with fight. down by 3 in the 7th? no problem. they would usually seem to find their way back. 

this team doesn't have much fight in it, and it's been that way for far too long. yep, i'll say it -- we need more grit.

11 minutes ago, Revad said:

Wonder how long Adell is out and who they call up if he goes on the IL.

If he goes on the IL, they'd have to add someone to the 40-man, assuming they'd call up an actual OF and not stick Rengifo, Fletcher, or Velazquez out there.  To add someone to the 40-man, they'd have to DFA someone, too, as there's not anyone else they could move to the 60-day IL.

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

If he goes on the IL, they'd have to add someone to the 40-man, assuming they'd call up an actual OF and not stick Rengifo, Fletcher, or Velazquez out there.  To add someone to the 40-man, they'd have to DFA someone, too, as there's not anyone else they could move to the 60-day IL.

i hate that nevin is using those three in this way. perry needs to address this over the all star break.

1 hour ago, full circle said:

I remember when Angels players said Nevin would never let a slide happen like they had last year.  Good times. 

I  don't remember this.

Did they issue a press release?

Was someone appointed spokesman for the group?

Did Ohtani issue a statement in Japanese?