• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Patrick Sandoval

Taylor

Slider shape has changed.  Less vertical movement.  

Same with the change up.  less vertical movement.  

He's using his sinker less.  

His arm slot has dropped a bit since late last year and continued to this year.  It was effective at the end of last year with more GB and fewer k's.  

There is also more variability in release point of all his pitches vs. what it's been in the past.  In particular for the change relative to other pitches.  It's fractions, but maybe that's all it takes for major league hitters. 

image.jpeg

The blue line.  Much like it was when he was new.  

Don't know how impactful any of the above is but just wanted to highlight some differences between this year and last.  

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

What the actual fuck.  With all due respect of course.

He struck out five out of the last six batters he's faced

Yall are blind whiny bitches

With all due respect of course.

Do you work for CNN?

The guy had a bad outing! Spin it any way that you want to.

My comment was that he had a half ass outing.

He got his tater skinned in the third and then settled down...it's still a bad outing!

If you want to spin 5IP and 7 runs into something good, then carry on dude!

3 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

His arm slot has dropped a bit since late last year and continued to this year.  It was effective at the end of last year with more GB and fewer k's.  

There is also more variability in release point of all his pitches vs. what it's been in the past.  In particular for the change relative to other pitches.  It's fractions, but maybe that's all it takes for major league hitters. 

image.jpeg

Don't know how impactful any of the above is but just wanted to highlight some differences between this year and last.  

Yeah, see whiny bitches!

14 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Do you work for CNN?

He got his tater skinned in the third and then settled down...it's still a bad outing!

I disagree.

Everyone saying he sucks... should suck one.

Look at his individual game log.

Its four pretty bad starts in 15 games, and the exit velocity of the hits in those games isn’t alarming.

He has only given up 6 homers.

He needs to be more consistent and reduce the bad outings, of course.

He is still as good a bet as anyone other than Ohtani to dominate in any given start.

I’m not that concerned.

9 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

image.jpeg

Where are Wise and the former Driveline coach, if it’s simply an adjustment?

15 hours ago, REDneck said:

He got lit up and finished his outing as much half ass as you can.

You saw something strong? Because he got doinked?

He finished his outing half assed?  If you think retiring the last 7 guys with 5 by strike outs is “as much half ass as you can” then you are either an idiot or expect him to strike out every batter. 

13 hours ago, REDneck said:

Do you work for CNN?

No your comment was he finished his outing half ass replying to someone who accurately said he finished his outing strong. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No your comment was he finished his outing half ass replying to someone who accurately said he finished his outing strong. 

What I meant to convey, as a whole his outing was half ass IMO. He had some great innings and one horrible inning. In my mind that's half ass! If you think it's quarter ass or a third ass then great. Or maybe you think he had a good outing?

Way to catch the error in semantics.  Keep up the good work!

Wow, seen some crazy reactions but those saying he sucks are truly special. 

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Where are Wise and the former Driveline coach, if it’s simply an adjustment?

Didnt know adjustments were immediate or that just because you recognize an issue you can self-correct with no issue. 

1 minute ago, REDneck said:

What I meant to convey, as a whole his outing was half ass IMO. He had some great innings and one horrible inning. In my mind that's half ass! If you think it's quarter ass or a third ass then great. Or maybe you think he had a good outing?

Half ass is stating he wasnt fully trying or cared. Thats a bunch of bullshit. 

18 hours ago, Blarg said:

I'll chalk today up as dead arm stage. Almost every pitcher has that about mid season. Previous start he went 5 innings giving up 3 runs at Coors Feild and the game before that he went 7 shutout innings. He has been the losing pitcher in games he should have won along with 4 no decisions. Today he earned the L. 

Dead arm typically happens around 6-8 weeks after first appearances.  He's far beyond that stage. 

58 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Way to reply on a point someone made, then be told you were wrong and then blaming it on semantics. 

Guys like Anderson and Sandoval really depend on changeups as their out pitch. But if their other pitches aren't good enough they aren't fooling hitters. They also need pinpoint control. 

Last night Sandoval's mechanics looked way out of sync. Throwing high and outside to right handed hitters. That sort of thing should be correctable. But it's a critical point in the season, and he can't afford to struggle any longer. And after Barria's last outing I'm not sure he's trustworthy either. 

22 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Guys like Anderson and Sandoval really depend on changeups as their out pitch. But if their other pitches aren't good enough they aren't fooling hitters. They also need pinpoint control. 

Last night Sandoval's mechanics looked way out of sync. Throwing high and outside to right handed hitters. That sort of thing should be correctable. But it's a critical point in the season, and he can't afford to struggle any longer. And after Barria's last outing I'm not sure he's trustworthy either. 

This is where Detmers is different from Sandoval and Canning.   He can challenge hitters with the high heat at 96-98, and then fool them with the changeup/slider/curve.

Sandoval and Canning have solid stuff, but they lack the high heat that Detmers can bring.

On 6/29/2023 at 9:41 PM, Docwaukee said:

image.jpeg

Looks like he might be telegraphing the change up.