• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/13/23): Angels @ Rangers - Moniak in CF for Trout

mmc

11 minutes ago, stormngt said:

He got a SaC the first inning.  That is what Nevin wanted.  It didnt work out that time.  However its ignorant to call it stupid!!!!

BTW you do know RISP is worthless when you are going for a Sac fly!  Don't you?

Yes. I totally understand that guys with extremely low OPS are usually fantastic in clutch situations with runners on 3rd, and less than 2 outs. My bad. How ignorant of me.

After Anderson's first 3 innings in game 1, the Angels pitchers have been absolute studs the last 18 innings.

Going into this series. The Rangers were batting .334 with RISP. A huge margin over the 2nd place team.

In the first two games of this series, they've gone 5-29 (.172)

In the last 18 innings, the Rangers have only had 2 hits with RISP in 22 opportunities. (.091)

14 hours ago, gurn67 said:

Yes. I totally understand that guys with extremely low OPS are usually fantastic in clutch situations with runners on 3rd, and less than 2 outs. My bad. How ignorant of me.

Whats ignorant is using hindsight to criticize a move already made.

Edited by stormngt

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

Estevez didn't throw too many pitches so he should still be relatively fresh.   Bullpen once again is dealing.

There is no way Nevin will let Estevez pitch tomorrow. Nevin will not use him 3 days in a row plus Estevez warmed up Sunday to pitch the 9th inning in a Save situation, but was not used because the Angels scored 2 runs in the 8th inning to make it a 5 run game. So, he actually warmed up to pitch 3 days in a row. Devenski would probably close in a save situation.

11 hours ago, stormngt said:

Whats ignorant is using hindsight to criticize a movealready made.

Exactly.  

My issue is The guys who criticize managerial decisions that don't pay off, also do not give credit for managerial decisions that DO pay off .

Or

The guys who criticize for not playing "little ball"  in April/May, then bitch when they play little ball in June.

6 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Exactly.  

My issue is The guys who criticize managerial decisions that don't pay off, also do not give credit for managerial decisions that DO pay off .

Or

The guys who criticize for not playing "little ball"  in April/May, then bitch when they play little ball in June.

My only comment was that they had a hot hitter (Neto) bunting on all three pitches.   Should a hot hitter be bunting?

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

My only comment was that they had a hot hitter (Neto) bunting on all three pitches.   Should a hot hitter be bunting?

Any word as to was that a called play by Nevin?  He might have been bunting for a base hit the first time but seemed like a sacrifice all the way.  Weird choice there, or unexpected at least.

55 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Maybe not.  It is a legit point, and reasonable to question.

That wasn't the issue though. 

It’s absolutely an issue.  He shouldn’t have been bunting and that is on Nevin.  If it worked then a bad decision worked out.  

Neto the last 7 games .409/.500/.909/1.409. 

Probably shouldn't be the guy you ask to bunt. 

In case you are wondering if this is an isolated hot streak, consider that over the last 25 games he has hit .280/.375/.520/.895. The only Angels player hotter than Neto is Ohtani and he only beats him in slugging percentage.