• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Podcast - Episode EIGHT is here!

Chuck

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 7.22.07 PM.png

It’s Episode #8 and Victor Rojas is back!  Join Victor, Chuck Richter and Geoff Stoddart as they discuss:  Victor’s time calling games last week in the NCAA Stillwater Regionals, the sweep of the Cubs and series win over the Mariners, Shohei Ohtani’s resigning status, Mike Trout’s recent woahs at the plate, next week’s road trips to play 4 the Rangers and the Royals, and finally they answer your questions from the Mailbag.

Was looking forward to this Pod cast fresh off a 5-1 week, and it did not disappoint.   Great topics.

Had to laugh when Rojas cut chuck off .... again, and went on his 5 minute "buts in the seats rant".   LOL  he can't help himself.

Chuck, I am very interested in what you were going to say (About Ohtani drawing power) so if you could finish the thought it would be much appreciated.

Especially liked the discussion on trading or keeping Ohtani, and liked that the Rosenthall and LA Times pieces were covered.

I'd like to throw in 2 cents on the Nevin rant. I'm sure the umpires today are very aware that there's a rectangle drawn on the screen for every pitch now and there's websites that track their accuracy. When Nevin goes on a tirade like that maybe it just lets a bad umpire like Cuzzi know that when he rings up a superstar with another superstar on deck to kill a potential rally it better be a legit call or we'll alert the entire baseball watching world to your failures. So less about what his players think of the rant and more about what umps might think

17 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I'd like to throw in 2 cents on the Nevin rant. I'm sure the umpires today are very aware that there's a rectangle drawn on the screen for every pitch now and there's websites that track their accuracy. When Nevin goes on a tirade like that maybe it just lets a bad umpire like Cuzzi know that when he rings up a superstar with another superstar on deck to kill a potential rally it better be a legit call or we'll alert the entire baseball watching world to your failures. So less about what his players think of the rant and more about what umps might think

Cuzzi thought MLB fans would rather see Cuzzi ring up Ohtani, than see Trout come up with the based loaded.

Loved the discussion on Walsh. We all love Jared, you can argue that he's a fan favorite & really shines defensively at 1st base.

It's tough, you definitely don't want to dampen him more mentally by sending him down. & it's also true that we can't afford to give him all of the at bats to figure it out with guys like Ward, Trout, etc also struggling as of late. On the other side of the coin though, how dampening is it mentally to be batting .122 after 49 ABs? It could go either way, but like you guys mentioned, only the coaching staff & Walshy really knows what Walshy needs. Hopefully it's being communicated & hopefully there's a solution in motion soon. Losing a bit defensively at 1st isn't as big of a deal as losing a bit defensively at any other position, so I personally wouldn't mind seeing him find his footing again in AAA. We did rush him up pretty quickly after his "rehab" was done. With our starting pitching not performing up to standard, we need our 1-9 to be performing.

Great episode! The vibes are always high after a great home stand 🙂 

49 minutes ago, Swilly said:

Loved the discussion on Walsh. We all love Jared, you can argue that he's a fan favorite & really shines defensively at 1st base.

It's tough, you definitely don't want to dampen him more mentally by sending him down. & it's also true that we can't afford to give him all of the at bats to figure it out with guys like Ward, Trout, etc also struggling as of late. On the other side of the coin though, how dampening is it mentally to be batting .122 after 49 ABs? It could go either way, but like you guys mentioned, only the coaching staff & Walshy really knows what Walshy needs. Hopefully it's being communicated & hopefully there's a solution in motion soon. Losing a bit defensively at 1st isn't as big of a deal as losing a bit defensively at any other position, so I personally wouldn't mind seeing him find his footing again in AAA. We did rush him up pretty quickly after his "rehab" was done. With our starting pitching not performing up to standard, we need our 1-9 to be performing.

Great episode! The vibes are always high after a great home stand 🙂 

Just stop right there Blarg!

Nice take Swilly!

Blarg, I'm just joking before you get to worked up about it.

Edited by REDneck

11 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Good stuff. I watched the last 15 minutes live, then went back and watched the rest. 

10 hours ago, Swilly said:

12 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Was looking forward to this Pod cast fresh off a 5-1 week, and it did not disappoint.   Great topics.

Thanks everyone for listening!! 

Another great listen...

I too was happy with the performance against the M's... but like Victor said - they're another sub-.500 team... we're supposed to take care of those teams... I totally agreed with Victor's assessment of this team (to date)... Let's see what they do against Tejas...

I will say - I feel that this team has had a disproportionate amount of bad luck (bad calls in critical points, uncharacteristic defensive gaffes, unlucky ABs on both sides, etc)... and yet they're over .500... And they STILL haven't seen their lead dogs put it together and go on a run... I think they're capable of ripping off a 10 game win streak - and if they do, they're in the thick of it...

6 hours ago, Deek said:

Another great listen...

I too was happy with the performance against the M's... but like Victor said - they're another sub-.500 team... we're supposed to take care of those teams... I totally agreed with Victor's assessment of this team (to date)... Let's see what they do against Tejas...

I will say - I feel that this team has had a disproportionate amount of bad luck (bad calls in critical points, uncharacteristic defensive gaffes, unlucky ABs on both sides, etc)... and yet they're over .500... And they STILL haven't seen their lead dogs put it together and go on a run... I think they're capable of ripping off a 10 game win streak - and if they do, they're in the thick of it...

Geoff and I are are bit more optimistic than Victor is for sure. 

Thanks for listening, @Deek!!!