• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who's pumped up tonight?

REDneck

13 minutes ago, Kendo36 said:

We’re not that far off from Texas if we have that kind of advantage in the Bullpen. It caught up to the Rangers tonight. Very promising. 

Rangers BP did well tonight with one exception.

Might have done a lot better, if they didn't run into Shohei.

Edit: Wallach as well!

Edited by REDneck

22 hours ago, stormngt said:

You say Mariners are a good team yet Angels are 4-2 against them.

Yeah I should have specified, but felt like I was already writing so much. I was making 2 separate points. The first was that the Angels hadn't won against a team over .500. The second was the to point out their tough schedule moving forward. I didn't say Mariners were a good team, I just didn't point them out as a weak team. Reds and Padres fall in that same category. Mariners and Padres are both teams with talent that just have been mediocre. Unlike Cardinals who have talent, but have played awful all year.

Most of their wins have come from the worst teams in the league this year (A's, nationals, Cubs, white Sox, Cardinals). My point is that they only have a couple of those types of series through the end of August. They also have a few serious against decent teams like Mariners and Padres that could go either way. But must of their games will be against good teams that are over .500. Based on how they've performed in those series so far this year, it's easy to see them losing 60-70% of those games, which would have them somewhere between 12-19 to 9-22 for games against those teams. They could make up some of that against the few series they have against mediocre and bad teams, but would still likely lose ground from where they are at now and be closer to .500.

That's just how I feel about it. Winning a couple series at home against teams lower in the standings than themselves doesn't do enough for me to feel good about this team.

Last night's win was awesome though. Like I said, if they keep it up over the next few weeks against the good teams then I'll start believing. Just had too many seasons of mediocre baseball and I don't see the point in getting prematurely excited about a team when they haven't played well against good teams. Let's hope they keep it going.