• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Outfield Starters moving forward

If in contention halos keep both Adell and Renfroe. If on borderline I trade Renfroe. With injury history of Rendon I try and resign Urshela. Urshela gives you protection in all INF positions. If Ohtani leaves after this season going into 2024 halos have many good young player. BP looks very solid right now. First base seems to be biggest problem area right now with struggles of Walsh. Do you bring up Cabbage or let Drury handle most starts? I keep Adell and Moniak for 2024 I'm a big fan of both.

22 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

If in contention halos keep both Adell and Renfroe. If on borderline I trade Renfroe. With injury history of Rendon I try and resign Urshela. Urshela gives you protection in all INF positions. If Ohtani leaves after this season going into 2024 halos have many good young player. BP looks very solid right now. First base seems to be biggest problem area right now with struggles of Walsh. Do you bring up Cabbage or let Drury handle most starts? I keep Adell and Moniak for 2024 I'm a big fan of both.

If Walsh were sent down or put into more of a bench role, some of Walsh’s at bats should go to Rengifo.  I’d try that before calling someone else up.  Adell goes back when Renfroe returns.

51 minutes ago, totdprods said:

What the hell, trade Renfroe? Lol Adell has played one game and Moniak has quite a bit to prove still. 

Good teams have good depth. 

Let’s hold off on this until end of June at least. Renfroe has always been streaky, he’s due for another one sometime soon and when he’s on, he can carry an offense. Remember his first couple of weeks?

FWIW, if the Angels are contending, I could still see there being a chance the Angels shop one is Moniak/Adell for pitching help and consider extending Renfroe for a couple years. 

^^^^  Trade talks are 3/4 weeks from getting serious…

12 hours ago, ScottT said:

I'd say probably but after they dealt Marsh last year and the way they've operated this year.... if the price is right (which is always the case) I can see Adell being dealt for immediate help.

His numbers in AAA aren't that good for that league 

Main thing is if Adell can ultimately cut down the Ks.

He did have just 7 Ks in past 39 PAs when called up.

Edited by Angel Oracle

The Bats...are not the problem, the Angels have scored the 7th most runs in the game, and are averaging the 8th most. 

1. Rangers - 386 - 6.32 RPG!!!

2. Rays - 372 - 5.72 RPG

3. Dodgers - 351 - 5.57 RPG

4. Braves - 326 - 5.21 RPG

5. Red Sox - 316 - 5.02 RPG

6. Diamondbacks - 313 - 5.05 RPG

7. Angels - 308 - 4.81 RPG

8. Orioles - 303 - 4.89 RPG

9. Yankees - 297 - 4.64 RPG

10. Blue Jays - 295 - 4.61 RPG.

------

Angels have played the most games of any team in the majors except the Rays, who have played 1 more than they have. There are other teams with 64 GP, but the Astros have 63, the Mariners 62, and the Rangers 61.

5 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Watch the  Twitter mob and a few guys here howl if Adell gets sent back down.

Conversation is legit and needs to be had to get everyone on record before a decision is made.

He is most likely returning to AAA since Moniak is a left handed bat to play the 4th outfielder role when Renfroe returns. 

7 minutes ago, Hubs said:

The Bats...are not the problem, the Angels have scored the 7th most runs in the game, and are averaging the 8th most. 

1. Rangers - 386 - 6.32 RPG!!!

2. Rays - 372 - 5.72 RPG

3. Dodgers - 351 - 5.57 RPG

4. Braves - 326 - 5.21 RPG

5. Red Sox - 316 - 5.02 RPG

6. Diamondbacks - 313 - 5.05 RPG

7. Angels - 308 - 4.81 RPG

8. Orioles - 303 - 4.89 RPG

9. Yankees - 297 - 4.64 RPG

10. Blue Jays - 295 - 4.61 RPG.

------

Angels have played the most games of any team in the majors except the Rays, who have played 1 more than they have. There are other teams with 64 GP, but the Astros have 63, the Mariners 62, and the Rangers 61.

Classic Angels

We finally got pitching last year, but couldn't hit for shit.

So we brought in guys and addressed the problem.

So the pitchers decide to take it easy for the year now.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

Classic Angels

We finally got pitching last year, but couldn't hit for shit.

So we brought in guys and addressed the problem.

So the pitchers decide to take it easy for the year now.

It's really been a tale of two seasons. ERA of 3.87 in March/April, 4.59 in May, and now 4.20 so far in June.

4.73 ERA as a starter, but that's gone up drastically in May and June.

Ohtani's ERA in March/April 1.85, May was 4.06, June was 7.50 (in One Start).

Sandoval's ERA was 3.16 in March/April, 3.41 in May and 16.20 in June (in One Start).

Anderson's ERA was 5.74 in March/April, Then 5.19 in May, In 7.20 In June (In One Start).

Detmers' ERA was 4.85 in March/April, Then 5.03 in May, In 4.22 In June (In Two Starts). 

Canning's ERA was 4.11 in March/April, Then 5.33 in May, In 1.50 In June (In One Start).

Barria's ERA as a starter is 0.90 in May (in Two Starts) and 3.60 in June (in One Start).

You can see that in May, the trio of Anderson/Detmers/Canning wasn't great.

49 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Or hit one HR in a game.... as is the case here.

43 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Watch the  Twitter mob and a few guys here howl if Adell gets sent back down.

Conversation is legit and needs to be had to get everyone on record before a decision is made.

There is an overreaction, no doubt….but both Moniak and Adell were good in spring training and at SLC, not just in a few AB’s with the Angels….so, at least to some extent, a cumulative thing….they have both been better than they have been previously, so there is a legit discussion of how to use them going forward….moving on from Phillips was a good start….

In next few weeks with trade deadline approaching what would Angels biggest needs be? With Moore coming back BP seems very strong. Addition of Barria in rotation that has looked better. Is it a left-handed bat for 1B? Do halos try Cabbage or Lamb at 1B? Walsh is a great glove so do halos continue to send him out there? Do Angels try and trade for a SP most likely a rental? Going forward next few weeks should be fun. It's been a long time since Angels have played meaningful games in August and September.

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

In next few weeks with trade deadline approaching what would Angels biggest needs be? With Moore coming back BP seems very strong. Addition of Barria in rotation that has looked better. Is it a left-handed bat for 1B? Do halos try Cabbage or Lamb at 1B? Walsh is a great glove so do halos continue to send him out there? Do Angels try and trade for a SP most likely a rental? Going forward next few weeks should be fun. It's been a long time since Angels have played meaningful games in August and September.

1. Another starter

2. Bullpen

3. Bat (1B?)

16 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

1. 1b version of Ohtani who is also the ace of a staff

2. BP version of Ohtani who can close and pinch hit

3. an Ohtani who can hit with RISP and signs an extension so ESPN can stop putting out random articles of where hes going to play

4. Less idiots on here asking the same questions over and over because they dont want to hang out with their wives or kids

23 hours ago, mmc said:

1. Another starter

2. Bullpen

3. Bat (1B?)

My issue is who does that other starter displace? Will there be a starter moved that is as good as last years versions of Detmers or Sandoval?  Are we confident that this new starter will outperform Canning or Barria?  
Barria is pitching the best of all of them right now and he’s still my choice to go back to the pen.  
Upgrade at first makes sense but ultimately it takes at bats away from Drury, Urshela and Rengifo who’ve all been pretty good of late. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

My issue is who does that other starter displace? Will there be a starter moved that is as good as last years versions of Detmers or Sandoval?  Are we confident that this new starter will outperform Canning or Barria?  
Barria is pitching the best of all of them right now and he’s still my choice to go back to the pen.  
Upgrade at first makes sense but ultimately it takes at bats away from Drury, Urshela and Rengifo who’ve all been pretty good of late. 

Deadline 6 weeks away many things can change. For me 1B I bring Lamb back just to have lefty off bench. He did hit 2 PH HR this year. This will allow Walsh to get regular ab at SLC. I agree Drury, Urshela and Rengifo should get most of ABs now. If you can get a Lucas Giolito from White Sox as a starter, I would do that. Depends on position of halos in race at deadline.

On 6/9/2023 at 1:24 PM, Hubs said:

It's really been a tale of two seasons. ERA of 3.87 in March/April, 4.59 in May, and now 4.20 so far in June.

4.73 ERA as a starter, but that's gone up drastically in May and June.

Ohtani's ERA in March/April 1.85, May was 4.06, June was 7.50 (in One Start).

Sandoval's ERA was 3.16 in March/April, 3.41 in May and 16.20 in June (in One Start).

Anderson's ERA was 5.74 in March/April, Then 5.19 in May, In 7.20 In June (In One Start).

Detmers' ERA was 4.85 in March/April, Then 5.03 in May, In 4.22 In June (In Two Starts). 

Canning's ERA was 4.11 in March/April, Then 5.33 in May, In 1.50 In June (In One Start).

Barria's ERA as a starter is 0.90 in May (in Two Starts) and 3.60 in June (in One Start).

You can see that in May, the trio of Anderson/Detmers/Canning wasn't great.

Trade deadline Angels in race do they go after Lucas Giolito?