• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/1/23): Angels @ Astros - Detmers on the mound, Drury moved to cleanup

mmc

26 minutes ago, Halo in Chicago said:

I suspect Nevin is trying to “reward” Ward and hope he stays hot here. 

We need him and Moniak to be playing well all summer. 

Moniak has been playing well, provides better defense in the OF, and has a platoon advantage.  I just don't understand playing Ward over Moniak right now.

Ward has hit a little better over the last week than Moniak, and has more of a track record of success at this point. That doesn’t mean he’s breaking out or Moniak isn’t good. 

Personally I think Ward banged himself up a little bit a couple weeks back when he hit that wall again and that contributed to him really struggling for a spell. 

I like Moniak but he’s benefitting a bit from getting a little lucky jumping on pitchers in the first who probably aren’t thinking much about him and anticipating Trout and Ohtani more. The one walk to 17 or whatever is a little worrisome still. 

Edited by totdprods

It's Ward's past record versus Moniak's potential.

Ward proved he could be a positive starter with power. They are hoping he can find close to that type of production again. But for how long can they wait  if he remains stuck at this level? 

Moniak is about realizing longer term potential. But his hot streak showed that he has it in him. Just how to use him without suffering through growing pains? 

The playoff race really provides an urgency to go with the hot player whoever and whenever either gets on a roll. That is, providing one of them show some sustained reliability.